- "Company! Attention!"
- ―Clone Captain CT-7567 "Rex" to the company
A company within the 501st Legion of the Galactic Republic was active during the Clone Wars after former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano left the Jedi Order. When she returned to lead Republic forces, she was assigned this company alongside Clone Captain CT-7567 "Rex."
- "As soon as Rex and the guys knew you were back they got to work."
"The paint job's a little crude but we think it gets the idea across. Glad to have you back, Commander."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Clone Captain CT-7567 "Rex" to Ahsoka Tano
This company was an infantry unit within the 501st Legion of the Grand Army of the Republic. After the trial of former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, she eventually returned to serve the Galactic Republic even after her expulsion from the Jedi Order. Tano met with her former master, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and walked towards a hangar while conversing that clone troopers shouldn't be saluting her. Skywalker stated that its a sign of respect and loyalty, as the clone troopers were aware of her efforts during the Clone Wars.
Eventually, they reached the hangar where Clone Captain CT-7567 "Rex" stood beside the company and called them to attention. Tano walked among them in surprise, noting that they had customized their helmets in a stylized version of her face. Skywalker told her that as soon as they knew she was returning, they customized their helmets. Captain Rex continued that although the paint job was crude, it was effective, and that they were glad she had returned.
The company was composed of clone troopers in phase II clone trooper armor, with the standard blue markings of the 501st. Their helmets however, were painted in red-orange in a stylized version of Tano's facial markings and skin tone, representing their camaraderie to Tano. As a company within the Grand Army of the Republic, it consisted of 144 clone troopers organized into four platoons when at full strength. The company included a clone officer with customized armor.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "What happens is that he says that, "I'm not gonna leave you on this mission, I'm protective," and these hangar doors open up and reveals all these clones standing there from half the 501st. And they're all now wearing orange helmets and orange stripped helmets like her, and Rex is there and Anakin has given Rex his command unit to Ahsoka and attack Mandalore…"
- ―Dave Filoni in Celebration Europe on the clone troopers of the 332nd
The company is slated to appear in the seventh season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars set to launch on Disney+. When The Walt Disney Company cancelled Star Wars: The Clone Wars, a four-episode arc that depicted the Siege of Mandalore was among the stories that were still in production.
The arc had production numbers 7.21, 7.22, 7.23, and 7.24, and was to depict Ahsoka Tano and this company of clone troopers to attack Mandalore. As part of the production process, Dave Filoni drew a sketch of the helmet worn by the company, and was shown in Celebration Europe in 2016. The sketch was labelled as the "332nd." A portion of the arc was adapted into the prologue of the 2016 canon novel Ahsoka.
On July 19, 2018, it was announced that Star Wars: The Clone Wars was returning with twelve new episodes, and would include the Siege of Mandalore. The helmet of the company was featured on the poster for the revival season, and finally appeared in completed animation in a trailer shown during Celebration Chicago in 2019.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations establishes that a company in the Grand Army of the Republic consisted of 144 clone troopers divided into four platoons. Since this company is within the Grand Army, it must also have 144 clone troopers that are divided into four platoons.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ Ahsoka