- "This coronation is going to be different from the others. Something less showy would be better."
"Hmm. Usually 'showy' is the whole point of a crown, even here. Let me go through the treasury records."
- ―Princess Fanry and the court jeweler
The court jeweler of the Inner Rim planet Pijal was a female who served the Pijali monarchy during the Republic Era. Around 40 BBY, she helped the Pijali Princess Fanry choose a crown for her coronation. Two days later, the jeweler attended the coronation and was terrified of the princess after she violently seized power during the ceremony as an absolute monarch.
- "Oh, honestly. Calm down. You're fine."
- ―Princess Fanry, to her terrified court jeweler
During the Republic Era, a female court jeweler served the Pijali monarchy of the Inner Rim planet Pijal. Around 40 BBY, at the Pijali palace, the jeweler assisted the Pijali Princess Fanry in selecting a crown for her upcoming coronation. The princess felt the initial selections were too showy, prompting the jeweler to search through the palace treasury records with a datapad, eventually finding Fanry a small, gemstone-beaded crown the ruler preferred.
Two days later, at the coronation, the jeweler accompanied Fanry into the palace's Celestial Chalice with a wooden box containing her crown. Once at her dais, the princess stabbed the Skykeeper, Pijal's religious leader, with the ceremonial sword used in the coronation, choosing to seize power as an absolute monarch instead of allowing democracy to govern her planet. After activating a kohlen crystal shield around herself, Fanry glanced at the trembling jeweler with disdain, took her crown from the wooden box, and placed it on her head.
Using his kohlen-crystal-powered lightsaber, the Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi proceeded to breach the shield belonging to Captain Deren of Fanry's royal guard, cutting the man open. The sight of her injured guard prompted the newly crowned queen to escape through the Chalice's roof by using an ascending cable to climb into a royal troop dropship, leaving the jeweler and Skykeeper behind.
Personality and traitsEdit
The court jeweler was knowledgeable about the several crowns that the Pijali monarchy stored in its treasury and was able to assist Princess Fanry in finding one she liked. During Fanry's coronation, the jeweler was terrified of her princess after the ruler violently seized power.
While working for the Pijali monarchy, the court jeweler had access to a datapad linked to the palace treasury records.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Master & Apprentice (First appearance, simultaneous with Master & Apprentice audiobook)
- Master & Apprentice audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Master & Apprentice)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Master & Apprentice
- ↑ Master & Apprentice gives the age of Obi-Wan Kenobi as seventeen years old, while establishes that Kenobi was born fifty-seven years before the Battle of Yavin. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Yavin battle to 0 BBY, thereby placing Kenobi's birth in 57 BBY and the events of Master & Apprentice around 40 BBY.