- "Couple of years back, I scammed this gang for a bulk-load of credits. Spent everything to set up a refugee hospital on Alderaan."
- ―Archiban Kimble
A criminal gang was active during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Its members sought revenge against the combat medic Archiban Kimble after he scammed the group out of a large sum of credits in exchange for a shipment of spice that he never delivered. They kidnapped his former fiancé, Prudy, and Kimble was forced to rescue her with the help of the Republic Customs Office.
History[edit | edit source]
- "They're not the first gang that contributed to my favorite charity. It's like taking candy from a baby."
- ―Archiban Kimble
The criminal gang was active during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, during which its members encountered the combat medic and adventurer Archiban Kimble. "Doc Operator," as they knew him, offered the gang a shipment of valuable spice but scammed the group out of a large sum of credits when he failed to deliver the spice. Kimble used the stolen money to set up a refugee hospital on the planet Alderaan for his fiancé, Prudy, though he later ended their engagement. However, the gang eventually tracked down its stolen credits and learned of Prudy's hospital in 3642 BBY. The gang held Prudy hostage and attempted to blackmail Kimble into delivering either the spice or the credits, and Kimble's attempt to go undercover for the Republic Customs Office went sour when he was forced to replace Prudy as the gang's hostage. Fortunately for Kimble, Republic hostage negotiators were eventually able to secure Kimble's release—but not before the gangsters had burned Prudy's hospital to the ground.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
This gang first appeared in the 2011 BioWare video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, in which they are mentioned in the conversation "Best Intentions" with the Jedi Knight companion Kimble, who was also known as Doc. The conversation was originally intended as a full mission in which the player would confront the gang's leader, Cazzush, on Alderaan with Doc, but that version was cut from the game and replaced with the situation involving Republic Customs.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "The Best Intentions"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "Anonymous"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places