- "Couple of years back, I scammed this gang for a bulk-load of credits. Spent everything to set up a refugee hospital on Alderaan."
- ―Archiban Kimble
A criminal gang was active during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Its members sought revenge against the combat medic Archiban Kimble after he scammed the group out of a large sum of credits in exchange for a shipment of spice that he never delivered. They kidnapped his former fiancé, Prudy, and Kimble was forced to rescue her with the help of the Republic Customs Office.
- "They're not the first gang that contributed to my favorite charity. It's like taking candy from a baby."
- ―Archiban Kimble
The criminal gang was active during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, during which its members encountered the combat medic and adventurer Archiban Kimble. "Doc Operator," as they knew him, offered the gang a shipment of valuable spice but scammed the group out of a large sum of credits when he failed to deliver the spice. Kimble used the stolen money to set up a refugee hospital on the planet Alderaan for his fiancé, Prudy, though he later ended their engagement. However, the gang eventually tracked down its stolen credits and learned of Prudy's hospital in 3642 BBY. The gang held Prudy hostage and attempted to blackmail Kimble into delivering either the spice or the credits, and Kimble's attempt to go undercover for the Republic Customs Office went sour when he was forced to replace Prudy as the gang's hostage. Fortunately for Kimble, Republic hostage negotiators were eventually able to secure Kimble's release—but not before the gangsters had burned Prudy's hospital to the ground.
Behind the scenesEdit
This gang first appeared in the 2011 BioWare video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, in which they are mentioned in the conversation "Best Intentions" with the Jedi Knight companion Kimble, who was also known as Doc. The conversation was originally intended as a full mission in which the player would confront the gang's leader, Cazzush, on Alderaan with Doc, but that version was cut from the game and replaced with the situation involving Republic Customs.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "The Best Intentions"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "Anonymous"
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.