- "I did some research. There are spine-wolves in that forest, Sifo. If I hadn't had been found…"
- ―Dooku, to Sifo-Dyas when referring to his abandonment by his father
A forest was located on the planet Serenno. Around 102 BBY, the Serennian Dooku was abandoned as an infant in the forest by his father, Gora, the Count of Serenno, who contacted the Jedi High Council and instructed them to take Dooku away. Dooku was soon rescued by a Jedi seeker and brought to the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant.
Around 90 BBY, Jedi Grand Master Yoda told Dooku, who had become a Jedi Initiate, how he was found outside Gora's castle. Sometime later, Dooku told fellow Initiate Sifo-Dyas that, after doing some research, he had learned that dangerous spine-wolves lived in that forest and could have killed him. He speculated that if he had not been abandoned, he could have been much more than a Jedi. Sifo-Dyas, however, dismissed those thoughts, and they both laughed about Dooku's ego.
Behind the scenes
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (First mentioned) (In flashback(s))
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Mentioned only) (In flashback(s))
Notes and references
- Dooku: Jedi Lost
- According to Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded, Dooku was eighty years old at the time of the First Battle of Geonosis. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the First Battle of Geonosis in 22 BBY, placing Dooku's birth in 102 BBY. Dooku: Jedi Lost states that Dooku was abandoned as an infant, and its script states that Dooku was twelve years old during a celebration on Serenno, shortly after which Dooku mentions spine-wolves, placing the event around 90 BBY.