- «I trust you will find what you seek.»
- ―The henchman welcomes Dooku to the Cauldron's arena battles[src]
A humanoid henchman of the Confederacy of Independent Systems' leader, Count Dooku, administered the Cauldron gladiator arena on the planet Rattatak during the Clone Wars. The henchman provided Dooku with combatants in the Count's search for a new minion. However, as the henchman viewed the gladiators alongside Dooku, he was suddenly killed by the Sith hopeful Asajj Ventress, whom Dooku was nevertheless pleased to accept as his new acolyte.
- "Impressive. […] You have great skill of infiltration. My host would applaud your abilities posthumously."
- ―Dooku notices the assassination of the henchman
During the Clone Wars, a humanoid male served as an administrator of the Cauldron gladiator pit on the planet Rattatak. A henchman of Count Dooku, a Sith Lord and the leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the administrator welcomed Dooku to his arena in 21.66 BBY, four months into the war. Dooku had arrived in search of a new minion among that day's gladiatorial contestants.
Having requested in advance for the Cauldron to be arranged in a particular manner, Dooku arrived aboard his solar sailer and was greeted by the henchman, who promised him that everything had been prepared as desired. Dooku's host then led his guest into the arena for a personal viewing of the gladiatorial matches, wherein several combatants demonstrated their prowess before the Sith Lord.
Reaching a viewing box high above the Cauldron arena, Dooku and his henchman seated themselves and observed the battles below together. The two were watching the arena matches when the Sith hopeful Asajj Ventress suddenly infiltrated their box and silently slew the henchman, placing herself in the seat next to Count Dooku in the host's stead. Dooku nevertheless noticed this act, commenting that Ventress's victim would praise her skills of infiltration, albeit posthumously. After Ventress proceeded to demonstrate her own abilities by defeating all of the Cauldron's gladiators, Dooku was satisfied to accept the henchman's killer as his new acolyte.
Personality and traitsEdit
- «Everything has been arranged precisely as you have requested…most illustrious Count Dooku.»
- ―The henchman and Count Dooku
The henchman spoke with a deep voice a non-Basic language that was intelligible by Count Dooku. In addition, while hosting Dooku at the Cauldron arena, the henchman maintained a constant grin on his blue-gray face, which also featured a pair of large, green eyes.
Behind the scenesEdit
The henchman appears in "Chapter 6" of the Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series. The episode first aired on November 14, 2003 on Cartoon Network and features Daran Norris providing the character's voice. The arena host was later identified as "Henchman" in the Star Wars: Clone Wars cast-and-crew list published on StarWars.com on March 22, 2004.
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Clone Wars "Chapter 4" and "Chapter 8" depict the Battle of Muunilinst, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 21.66 BBY—four months after the beginning of the Clone Wars. Given that "Chapter 6" takes place between those two episodes, its events, which include the henchman's death, must also take place in 21.66 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Clone Wars "Chapter 6" depicts the henchman's death at the Cauldron, which establishes to be on Rattatak.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 6"
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 112 ("Cauldron, the")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 198 ("Dooku, Count")