- "Generalirius Nakirre showed us that same maneuver at Zyzek […] It's a very deliberate, very confident move, and one I expect he taught his chief commanders."
- ―Senior Captain Mitth'raw'nuruodo
A maneuver consisted of a warship of the Kilji Illumine, government of the Kilji species, turning in its place to face an enemy. It was used by the Illumine General Crofyp and the Illumine's leader Generalirius Nakirre to show the enemy confidence and deliberation. Around 18 BBY, Nakirre utilized the maneuver with the Kilji war cruiser Whetstone during a confrontation against the Chiss heavy cruiser Springhawk at the Unknown Regions planet Zyzek.
Crofyp and his task force, consisting of a Kilji war cruiser and a Kilji picket cruiser, later used the maneuver during a battle against the Springhawk at the Unknown Regions' Rapacc system. After the maneuver had been performed, Senior Captain Mitth'raw'nuruodo, the commander of the Springhawk, noted that Nakirre had used it previously at Zyzek and that he expected the generalirius had taught it to all of the Illumine's chief commanders.
Behind the scenes
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil (First appearance, simultaneous with Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil audiobook)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil audiobook
Notes and references
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil
- The events of Thrawn: Alliances set during the Clone Wars take place after Ahsoka Tano had left the Jedi Order. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the end of the Clone Wars and Tano's departure from the Order to 19 BBY. As the main events of Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising take place concurrently with the Clone Wars events of Alliances, Chaos Rising must be set in 19 BBY. Furthermore, during the main events of Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil, it is established that the attack on Csilla, which is depicted as part of the main events of Chaos Rising, took place "last year." Therefore, the main events of Lesser Evil must be set around 18 BBY.