A mariner lived in the city Harte Secur on the planet Naboo in 32 BBY. During that year, Naboo was invaded by a galactic company known as the Trade Federation, and Harte Secur was one of the first cities attacked, during which the mariner was captured by the Federation. After the Trade Federation had taken Naboo's capital city, Theed, they focused their attention towards defeating the Gungans, an amphibious species who coexisted alongside the Human Naboo population. The captive mariner told the Trade Federation B1-Series battle droid OOM-9 about Ganne, a Gungan boss of the city Rellias, which led the Federation to attack Ganne and the rest of the Gungans.
Behind the scenes
- "A captured mariner from Harte Secur has told us of a Gungan named Boss Ganne located near the Rellias channel."
- ―The mention of the mariner
The Harte Secur mariner was mentioned in the 2001 LucasArts video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. The mariner is mentioned in the objectives section at the start of "The Search for an Underwater Kingdom," the fifth level of the Trade Federation campaign.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First mentioned)
- "End Game"—Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace novelization (2012 edition) (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns (Mentioned only)