- "Fortunately, this tasty terrine maximizes the moisture in the dish by drawin' extra juices from a special breed of mushrooms that grow right in the vaporator's excess condensation."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
A special breed of mushroom grew in the excess condensation of moisture vaporators on the desert planet Tatooine. The breed was edible to Artiodacs and was used as an ingredient in the dish Tatooine Terrine, with its juices providing moisture in the recipe. In 34 ABY, the Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs included the mushrooms in a recipe for Tatooine Terrine in his first cookbook, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook.
Behind the scenes
The mushroom breed was mentioned in the real-life recipe book Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which was written by Marc Sumerak and Chelsea Monroe-Cassel and published in 2019. The out-of-universe recipe given for Tatooine Terrine requires a quarter ounce of dried mushrooms of the reader's choice.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.