A six-eyed aquatic species dwelled in bodies of freshwater on the planet Naboo, in the Chommell sector of the Mid Rim territories. Such creatures were found in Lake Paonga, in the swamps near the city of Otoh Gunga.
Biology and appearance
On Naboo, a planet of the Chommell sector, in the Mid Rim territories, a six-eyed non-sentient species dwelled in freshwater bodies, including Lake Paonga. Their bulky bodies were covered with coral-shaped growths, and the hue of their scales shifted through shades of orange and purple. They had several barbels hanging from the lower jaw and six bulging eyes. These creatures had lengthy lower fangs that did not fit in their mouths, but rather projected back close to the eyes, while the upper teeth were somewhat shorter. A long, leg-like fin protruded from the back of their body.
- "Wesa goen underwater, okeyday?"
- ―Jar Jar Binks
In 32 BBY, the Gungan Jar Jar Binks offered to take the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi to his species' capital city of Otoh Gunga, located deep within Lake Paonga. With the help of the Gungans, the Jedi hoped they would be able to save Naboo from the invading Trade Federation armies. When Binks dove into the murky water of Lake Paonga, he scared away various aquatic creatures, including one of the six-eyed species.
Behind the scenes
This species was designed by Boris Vallejo for the young readers novel Dangers of the Core, published in May 2000. This creature only appeared in a two-page illustration included in the first chapter of the book.
- Dangers of the Core (First appearance) (Picture only)
Notes and references
- Dangers of the Core
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Chronology places the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, including Jar Jar Binks's meeting with Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, in 32 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I