During the conflict between the First Order and the Resistance, the First Order drained a star in order to power Starkiller Base, a superweapon that positioned itself near this star, so it could be used to destroy the Resistance base on D'Qar. The Starkiller weapon extinguished the star's light completely, but the Resistance Starfighter Corps destroyed the weapon before it could be used to eliminate the Resistance. When the planet imploded, the stored energy created a new star.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 5
- Poe Dameron 28 (Appears in flashback(s))