- "Make no mistake, captain… I will hold you personally responsible for any incompetence."
- ―Darth Vader, when referring to the mission his force was about to undertake
A stormtrooper captain served the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. In 0 BBY, the captain, along with the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader, led a company of stormtroopers during a mission to the moon Kalakar Six. While on the moon, the captain was killed by the former Sith Lord Darth Maul.
- "Captain, two of your men will accompany me to search the fortress. The rest of you split into teams and reconnoiter the surrounding area."
- ―Darth Vader and the stormtrooper captain
A stormtrooper served as a captain in the Stormtrooper Corps during the Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance. In 0 BBY, the captain, along with the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader and a company of stormtroopers, went on a mission to the moon Kalakar Six in order to recover the schematics for the Death Star superweapon that the Alliance had previously stolen. Darth Vader warned the captain that, in case the mission were to fail, he would hold the stormtrooper responsible.
The Sith Lord left with two stormtroopers to explore a fortress on the moon, leaving the captain with the duty of reconnoitering the surrounding area. The captain gave the order to the stormtrooper company to stay in voice contact via comlink and to go back to their Imperial shuttle in two hours. Several of the stormtroopers then claimed that they disliked Kalakar Six, leading the captain to silence them and remind them of their duty. The captain also claimed that Darth Vader would not fail the Galactic Emperor and that they would in turn not fail Vader. Soon after, however, the captain was beheaded by the lightsaber of the former Sith Lord Darth Maul, who was on the moon in order to try and kill Vader and take his place as the Emperor's apprentice.
Personality and traits
- "Cut the chatter. We're here with a job to do. The mission was assigned to Lord Vader by the Emperor himself."
- ―The stormtrooper captain silences his companions' complaining about the mission
The stormtrooper captain was determined to complete his mission, even in the face of hesitation from the soldiers under their command. The captain was also afraid of how Vader might react if they failed the mission.
Behind the scenes
The stormtrooper captain appeared in the comic story "Resurrection," published in the ninth issue of the Star Wars Tales comic series by Dark Horse Comics on October 10, 2001. The comic was written by Ron Marz and illustrated by Rick Leonardi.
Notes and references
- The events of "Resurrection", during which the stormtrooper captain dies on Kalakar Six, take place before the Battle of Yavin, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 0 BBY, and after the theft of the Death Star plans by the Alliance to Restore the Republic, which took place during the Battle of Toprawa per Jedi Dawn. Since the novel Death Star establishes that the latter battle took place following the attack on the first Death Star, which The Essential Guide to Warfare in turn dates to 0 BBY, the Battle of Toprawa must have also occured in 0 BBY, meaning the events of "Resurrection" are set in that year, as well.
- "Resurrection"—Star Wars Tales 9
- The New Essential Chronology