- "Aw, clamp down, four-eyes!…four eyes? Uh-oh."
- ―Two Duloks meet the creature
A tree-dwelling creature lived on the Forest Moon of Endor. It had green eyes with black pupils, and numerous white teeth. In 3 ABY, two Duloks from King Gorneesh's tribe encountered one of the creatures in a tree after failing to kidnap the Ewok Latara.
Biology and appearanceEdit
The creature made its home in a hollow tree on the Forest Moon of Endor. In 3 ABY, two Duloks from King Gorneesh's tribe—who had a yellow X and O painted on their respective chests—were sent to Bright Tree Village to capture the Ewok Latara so they could enlist her as a babysitter at the Dulok Swamp. However, they were prevented from capturing the Ewok by the arrival of the Travelling Jindas, a group of performers who had come to the village to entertain the Ewoks. The Duloks, frightened by the massive stature of the awors, the Jindas' beasts of burden, hid in the base of a hollow tree. The creature who lived there was alerted, and it opened its green eyes and glared at the Duloks. In the darkness, the Dulok marked with an X was able to see two sets of eyes and nothing else, and thus mistakenly called his counterpart "four-eyes" before the creature bared its sharp teeth and growled. A scuffle ensued, and the two Duloks managed to escape the tree.
Behind the scenesEdit
The tree-dwelling creature made its first appearance in "The Travelling Jindas," the fifth episode of the first season of the Star Wars: Ewoks television series. "The Travelling Jindas," written by Bob Carrau and directed by Raymond Jafelice, first aired on October 5, 1986.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Travelling Jindas"
- ↑ The Ewok village is named in The Essential Guide to Characters, p. 184.
- ↑ Maureen Kuppe. "Other Stuff: Non-Ewok Cartoon items you might want to see". EwokCels.com. Retrieved on December 15, 2011.
- ↑ "A Star Wars CELibration"—Star Wars Insider 27