- "Spare any credits? Help a veteran get a warm meal."
- ―The clone veteran
A veteran of the Clone Wars was a human male clone of Jango Fett, who once served as a clone trooper in the 501st Legion of the Galactic Republic's Grand Army of the Republic. By 9 BBY, he had come to reside, homeless, on the planet of Daiyu, and once begged the rogue Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi for credits in order to pay for a meal.
By the year 19 BBY, a human male clone of Jango Fett was born on Kamino and participated in the Clone Wars as a clone trooper in the 501st Legion of the Galactic Republic's Grand Army of the Republic. At some point, he left the army and began to reside, homeless, on the planet of Daiyu. Around 9 BBY, the clone begged Jedi Master in hiding Obi-Wan Kenobi—who was searching for the kidnapped princess of Alderaan, Leia Organa—for credits in order to pay for a meal. Kenobi obliged, throwing some credits into the clone's helmet while hiding his lightsaber from view with his robe. The clone nodded to Kenobi in appreciation, who then walked away after solemnly staring at the homeless veteran for a brief moment.
Personality and traits
Around 9 BBY, the clone veteran had tan skin, long, shaggy black hair, and a disheveled, graying beard and mustache. He stood 1.83 meters tall, and had brown eyes. He was at one point willing to ask for spare credits in order to help pay for a meal.
While living in a homeless condition on Daiyu, the clone veteran wore dirty Phase II clone trooper armor adorned with the blue markings of the 501st Legion, and was in possession of the accompanying helmet, which he used as a bucket to collect credits. His arms were bandaged, and he wore a green scarf.
Behind the scenes
- "Was that your first time in physical clone trooper armor?
Yes, yes it was actually. I thought that was the best thing in the whole show, that little cameo. It wasn't quite long enough for me, but there were howls of excitement, so I really enjoyed that."
- ―An interviewer and Temuera Morrison discussing the cameo
The clone veteran appeared in "Part II" of the limited series Obi-Wan Kenobi, directed by Deborah Chow and released on May 26, 2022. He was portrayed by Temuera Morrison. Morrison enjoyed his cameo and thought that it was the best thing in the series, but he felt that the cameo wasn't long enough. He liked that the veteran had hair and a beard growing out. This was the first time that Morrison wore physical clone trooper armor while portraying a clone.
Notes and references
- "Kamino Lost" takes place shortly after the formation of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. As "Kamino Lost" depicts Tipoca City's complete destruction, the veteran clone trooper must have been born by 19 BBY.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part II"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi begins ten years after the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, the events of Obi-Wan Kenobi, including the unidentified clone veteran's appearance, must have taken place around 9 BBY. establishes that the story of