The United Warlord Fleets were an Imperial faction, which was formed in 12 ABY after Admiral Natasi Daala executed thirteen Imperial warlords at Tsoss Beacon and merged their forces into a combined command, with herself as leader. Daala subsequently led the faction in an attack on the Jedi Praxeum on the moon Yavin 4, but she was defeated and her flagship, the Super Star Destroyer Knight Hammer, was destroyed. In the aftermath of the battle, Daala resigned and control of her forces passed to Admiral Gilad Pellaeon. The new Supreme Commander led his forces out of the Deep Core and merged them with surviving Imperial Rim factions to form the Imperial Remnant.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "There are a few other continuity details scattered through this one: the name of United Warlord Fleets for her command in Darksaber is new, and alert fans might also note that this biography makes her the military leader of the Second Imperium in the Young Jedi Knights novels. The fake Royal Guards who purport to be leading the show were originally her bodyguards, after all…"
- ―Paul Urquhart, speaking about Admiral Daala in the endnotes for The Essential Guide to Warfare
The United Warlord Fleets were first mentioned by Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart in the 2012 guidebook The Essential Guide to Warfare, and in the endnotes to the book, Urquhart confirmed that the command was intended to be the faction that Admiral Daala seized control of in Darksaber, a 1995 novel by Kevin J. Anderson.
- Star Wars Encyclopedia ("Daala, Admiral," "Dorsk 81," "Pellaeon, Gilad")
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook (under "Imperial Remnant")
- The New Essential Guide to Characters ("Admiral Daala," "Admiral Gilad Pellaeon")
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 102 (CAA1, Caamas Document) (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 125 (PEL3, Gilad Pellaeon)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First identified as United Warlord Fleets)
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Darksaber, chapter 20
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Essential Atlas, p. 209
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Chronology, p. 117
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Darksaber, chapter 35
- ↑ Darksaber, chapter 43
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Darksaber, chapter 48
- ↑ Darksaber, chapter 50
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 232
- ↑ Darksaber, chapter 19
- ↑ The Essential Chronology, p. 116
- ↑ Jason Fry. EG to Warfare: Endnotes Pt. 16. Jason Fry's Dorkery. Archived from the original on November 13, 2012. Retrieved on May 26, 2013.
- Jason Fry. EG to Warfare: Endnotes Pt. 16. Jason Fry's Dorkery. Archived from the original on November 13, 2012. Retrieved on May 26, 2013.