- "You have seen Hoth's beasts before. You know their perils. But it is said they can grow old and powerful. If the stardrop was abandoned near a lair…"
"Appreciate the warning."
- ―Loathe advises the Smuggler of the potential danger of Unkajo
The wampa Unkajo had a lair located in an icy valley on the surface of the planet Hoth. The Rebel Alliance had abandoned several stardrop torpedoes which they had used to eliminate asteroids, and the Galactic Empire recovered all but one due to its proximity to Unkajo's lair. Between 4 ABY and 5 ABY, the Uprising sought to recover the abandoned stardrop torpedo for use in their efforts against Governor Ubrik Adelhard's Imperial remnant and break the Iron Blockade that was isolating the Anoat sector.
The Smuggler, leader of the Uprising, was tasked with retrieving the torpedo left near the lair after the Imperials attacked one of the salvage camps established by the rebels and contact was lost with an Uprising retrieval team sent to recover the weapon. The Smuggler defeated several juvenile wampas before encountering and slaying Unkajo. With the area safe, the Smuggler was able to safely locate the stardrop for recovery.
Behind the scenes
Unkajo's lair was mentioned in the 2015 mobile game Star Wars: Uprising by Kabam, prior to the game's shutdown in 2016. The area where the player encounters Unkajo has two cave entrances, making it unclear if the entire valley area or one or both of the caves are the lair itself.
- Star Wars: Uprising (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Uprising—Mission: "Where Others Failed"
- Star Wars: Uprising—Mission: "Where Others Failed" depicts Unkajo's death on Hoth. The game is set during Ubrik Adelhard's Iron Blockade, which begins shortly after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. According to Aftermath: Empire's End, Adelhard was defeated just prior to the Battle of Jakku. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Return of the Jedi to 4 ABY and the Battle of Jakku to 5 ABY, the events of Uprising must take place between those years.