- "Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me. I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply."
- ―Diego Luna, on reprising his role
A live-action television series is currently being developed by Lucasfilm. It is set to air on Disney's new online streaming service, Disney+. The series is a spy thriller starring Diego Luna, reprising his role as Cassian Andor from the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
In February 2018, Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed that "a few" Star Wars live-action series were in development for Disney's streaming service. The series was officially announced by Iger during a Disney quarterly earnings call on November 8, 2018. On November 30, it was reported that The Americans executive producer Stephen Schiff was tapped to serve as showrunner while Moana writer Jared Bush was revealed to have originated the project by writing a pilot script and a series bible. According to Production Weekly, the series is scheduled to begin production in October 2019.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5
- ↑ 'Star Wars' TV Series: Disney Developing "a Few" for Its Streaming Service (February 06, 2018).
- ↑ Andreeva, Nellie (2018-11-30). Disney+ ‘Star Wars’ Series Starring Diego Luna Taps Stephen Schiff As Showrunner. Deadline. Retrieved on December 1, 2018.
- ↑ Dunk, Steve (December 31, 2018). Rogue One Series Has A Filming Date. TheForce.net.
- ↑ Hoey, John (June 12, 2019). 'Game of Thrones' Concept Artist Kieran Belshaw Reveals He Is Working on the Disney+ Cassian Andor Series. starwarsnewsnet.com.