- "Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me. I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply."
- ―Diego Luna, on reprising his role
A live-action television series is currently being developed by Lucasfilm. It is set to air on Disney's new online streaming service, Disney+. The series is a spy thriller starring Diego Luna, reprising his role as Cassian Andor from the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Talks for a television series focused on Cassian Jeron Andor, Diego Luna's character from the 2016 Star Wars Anthology film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, began before the Anthology film was released, though Luna had doubts that it would happen. In February 2018, Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed that "a few" Star Wars live-action series were in development for Disney's streaming service. The series was officially announced by Iger during a Disney quarterly earnings call on November 8, 2018. On November 30, it was reported that The Americans executive producer Stephen Schiff was tapped to serve as showrunner while Moana writer Jared Bush was revealed to have originated the project by writing a pilot script and a series bible. According to Production Weekly, the series was scheduled to begin production in October 2019. On July 11, 2019, Rick Famuyiwa was reported to be in talks to direct an undisclosed amount of episodes for the series, with filming scheduled to begin on October 7. On October 15, 2019, Variety reported that Rogue One co-writer Tony Gilroy would be writing the pilot for the series in addition to directing multiple episodes. On December 12, 2019, DiscussingFilm reported that the series would begin filming in June 2020, with shooting taking place in Europe. They also reported that the series would feature flashbacks focusing on a 13-year old Andor and his 9-year old sister, and that the role of the sister was planning to be cast.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8
- ↑ Cassian Jeron Andor series takes place five years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which is dated to 0 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore the Cassian Andor series will take place in 5 BBY. states that the Untitled
- ↑ Diego Luna Knows How to Play an Authentic Villain and Raise a Future Jedi. Internet Movie Database (February 20, 2020). Archived from the original on April 24, 2020.
- ↑ 'Star Wars' TV Series: Disney Developing "a Few" for Its Streaming Service (February 06, 2018). Archived from the original on March 7, 2020.
- ↑ Andreeva, Nellie (2018-11-30). Disney+ ‘Star Wars’ Series Starring Diego Luna Taps Stephen Schiff As Showrunner. Deadline. Archived from the original on April 3, 2020. Retrieved on December 1, 2018.
- ↑ Dunk, Steve (December 31, 2018). Rogue One Series Has A Filming Date. TheForce.net. Archived from the original on July 29, 2019.
- ↑ Fisher, Jacob (July 11, 2019). Rick Famuyiwa In Talks To Direct Episodes Of Cassian Andor Series (EXCLUSIVE). DiscussingFilm. Archived from the original on April 7, 2020.
- ↑ Otterson, Joe (October 15, 2019). ‘Rogue One’ Writer Tony Gilroy Joins Cassian Andor ‘Star Wars’ Series at Disney Plus (EXCLUSIVE). starwarsnewsnet.com. Archived from the original on April 3, 2020.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 Fisher, Jacob (2019-12-12). ‘Cassian Andor’ Series Eyeing To Begin Filming In June – Cassian’s Backstory Set To Be Explored (EXCLUSIVE). DiscussingFilm. Archived from the original on December 12, 2019. Retrieved on December 12, 2019.
- ↑ Hoey, John (June 12, 2019). 'Game of Thrones' Concept Artist Kieran Belshaw Reveals He Is Working on the Disney+ Cassian Andor Series. starwarsnewsnet.com. Archived from the original on December 29, 2019.