- "As [the Signatories of Waymancy's] onslaught continued, their bloodlust deepened. At Upper Brightday, 10 million settlers saw their lives extinguished as the land was put to the torch."
- ―Supreme Chancellor Nagratha
Upper Brightday was a terrestrial astronomical object located in the Upper Brightday system. It was a part of the Expansion Region's Trestis sector, being located both in the Outer Expansion Zone sub-region and the Northern Dependencies portion of that region. Upper Brightday shared its name with the Inner Rim celestial body Brightday.
By the time of the Waymancy Storm of 7811 BBY, Upper Brightday had been settled by Galactic Republic colonists. During that conflict, one of the parties constituting the Signatories of Waymancy, the Republic's enemy at the time, incinerated the lands of the settlers on Upper Brightday, resulting in the deaths of ten million colonists.
At a speech delivered on the 25th anniversary of Victory in the Waymancy Storm in 7786 BBY, Republic's Supreme Chancellor Nagratha noted the killing of the settlers at Upper Brightday as one of the bloodiest events of the Waymancy Storm. Upper Brightday fell within the borders of the New Republic between 12 ABY and 13 ABY.
Behind the scenes
Upper Brightday was introduced in the 2012 reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare by Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart. The StarWars.com Online Companion to the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Upper Brightday system, and therefore the celestial body itself, in grid square K-8.
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Upper Brightday system, and therefore the celestial body itself, in grid square K-8 as part of the Expansion Region's Trestis sector. The Essential Atlas designates the Expansion Region section of that grid square as part of the Northern Dependencies. In addition, places the Trestis sector in the portion of the Expansion Region between the Mondress and Lostar sectors. Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters establishes both Mondress and Lostar sectors to be a part of the Outer Expansion Zone, which the Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook further defines as a sub-region located in the northern section of the Expansion Region. Therefore, Upper Brightday must also be a part of the Outer Expansion Zone. places the
- The Essential Guide to Warfare