The Third Battle of Theed was a battle that took place in 19 BBY between the Galactic Empire and the people of Theed, Naboo. It was used as a diversion so that Ferus Olin could find and kill Malorum, who had discovered the secret that Padmé Amidala gave birth before she died and her offspring was alive, unaware that there were twins.
The Royal Naboo Security Force and Gungan Army attacked the Imperial garrison in the city. Meanwhile, Olin found Malorum, who revealed that he possessed a lightsaber, and engaged Olin in a duel. The duel was fought in the Theed Power Core, where Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn had fought Darth Maul many years before.
Olin managed to overcome Malorum, who fell down a power core in a futile effort to reach his lightsaber which Olin had knocked from his hand. Afterward, the Theed Hangar, which was being used by the Empire to store illegal explosives, was destroyed by Olin to cover the destruction of the Imperial Garrison. Consequently, Naboo escaped serious punishment by the Empire, who did not wish to draw attention to the fact that they were breaking the law.
- The Last of the Jedi: Death on Naboo (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Last of the Jedi: Dark Warning
- ↑ Gregar Typho was present on Naboo during the battle of Theed in Death on Naboo. He finally left Naboo to Coruscant where he died shortly after the duel in the Jedi Temple in Street of Shadows.
- ↑ The Last of the Jedi: Reckoning
- ↑ Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:241 establishes the Declaration of a New Order as occurring in 16:5, while The Last of the Jedi: Death on Naboo states that the battle of Theed occurred six months after the formation of the Empire.
- ↑ Star Wars: Battlefront II