- "Think you brought enough guns, Holaq?"
"Honestly…no. Three low-level clans got hit last week. Three. And all by him. No survivors, Uro. None."
- ―Uro and Holaq
Uro was an Aqualish associated with the Hidden Hand criminal syndicate during the Imperial Era. At some point prior to the Battle of Hoth, Uro talked with the Weequay criminal Holaq on the world Fikari. When the Sith Lord Darth Vader arrived on the world during his search for the Hidden Hand, the Aqualish was killed by the Sith Lord alongside several other associates, including Holaq.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "He has a name, y'know. You sound like a child afraid of a bedtime story."
"Except he ain't a story."
- ―Uro and Holaq, discussing Darth Vader
Uro was an Aqualish who had done business with the Hidden Hand criminal syndicate at some point prior to the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY. While residing in the Lower Bay Docks on the Outer Rim world of Fikari, Uro conversed with fellow criminal Holaq, asking if the Weequay had brought enough firearms. Holaq exclaimed that the Sith Lord Darth Vader had attacked a number of clans that had been in contact with the Hidden Hand and left no survivors. Uro, unfazed, replied that it was the cost of working with the criminal syndicate, but stated that this also provided a benefit to the syndicate's clients as deals with the Hidden Hand and its contacts were kept anonymous.
As the two continued talking while walking, Holaq asserted that the syndicate's days were numbered as Vader was hunting them down. As the Aqualish accused the Weequay of being afraid of the Sith Lord, Uro heard a noise and quickly alerted Holaq. Unbeknownst to the two criminals, Vader, who had arrived at the docks searching for information on the Hidden Hand, had slaughtered the docks' guards. Standing behind Holaq, Uro was suddenly pulled back by the Sith's Force powers and killed, while Holaq continued scanning the surrounding area, unaware of the Aqualish's demise. Vader then proceeded to interrogate and kill Holaq.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- "They pay for silence, and pay through shadows and fronts to keep that silence. We don't know them. They don't know us. Perfect deal."
- ―Uro, on the Hidden Hand's anonymity
As a four-eyed Aqualish, Uro had gray skin, gray hair, and yellow eyes. Uro enjoyed the benefit of working with the Hidden Hand as deals conducted with the syndicate were kept anonymous. Unlike Holaq, the Aqualish did not fear Vader upon hearing the stories of the Sith Lord eliminating clans who worked with the Hidden Hand.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Uro appeared in the first issue of the 2019 comic-book series Star Wars: Target Vader, written by Robbie Thompson, illustrated by Marc Laming and Cris Bolson, and published by Marvel Comics on July 3, 2019.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Target Vader 1 (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Target Vader is set before Empire Ascendant 1, which in turn takes place before the Battle of Hoth. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates that battle to 3 ABY, the events of Target Vader, including Uro's appearance and death in Target Vader 1, must take place sometime prior.
- Target Vader 1