- "There is a group of people who are seriously deranged and who we love dearly. That's what makes Star Wars work, in a strange way."
- ―Rick McCallum
Why hello there <insert name here>! I wish I could say that in a Lando-esque style, but alas, I cannot. I can however, state who I am on this lovely page all about myself.
That being said, my name is Commander Boots, or just Boots for short, which is also the profile name for most of the gaming and web services I use. I live in the lovely state of New Hampshire, love maple syrup and have an almost unhealthy obsession over everything Star Wars. Ever since I was a young lad, I've been fascinated about this galaxy far, far away and more importantly, fascinated by the supreme mechanical might of the Galactic Empire. The coolest bad guys in cinema history. As a result, I began reading almost all of the now deemed "Legends" material (And although others might say otherwise, I did especially love the one about IG-88) as well as building up a vast collection of LEGO paraphernalia throughout the years. I also fell in love with the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series as a child, and still have fond memories of many episodes, including the episode "Jedi Crash," which also aired on the day I got my first cat.
Then having discovered Wookieepedia, and realizing that I knew things that weren't even on it. I decided that I would join this ever-expanding nexus of knowledge and information on this galaxy far, far away. So that other kids (And adults) may learn important dates in galactic history, or how many turbolasers are on an Imperial-class Star Destroyer to forge their own Galactic Empires to stand for over ten thousand years.
In regards to the recent Disney purchase of Lucasfilm Ltd. and the Star Wars franchise, I can say that while I was initially hesitant, I've come to respect and support the current direction of Star Wars and the NuCanon. Of course I'm also absolutely excited for the release of the sequel trilogy and all other spin-off films and television series.
That being said, I mostly deal with adding information to the now deemed "Canon" articles, as well as including little pieces of information to articles that are easy to forget (Like how Imperial Combat Drivers have TWO color variations in their armor). I also combine bits of information from a variety of sources into clear, concise paragraphs to increase the transparency of articles, as well as fix any spelling errors or sentence fragments that I may come across. Essentially, I add information that should already be in an article, into an article.
I also like to add quotes to articles, and have almost too much fun finding the most awesome sounding/one-line says it all quote about a character or relevant topic.
Custom Galaxy MapEdit
The galaxy map presented is a heavily modified version of W.R. van Hage's galaxy map with a total of 41 new planets from Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Star Wars: The Clone Wars (TV series), Star Wars Rebels, comics, and other sources. Information on the creation of the original map can be found on W.R. van Hage's website. A detailed description on the creation of this version of the map can be found below.
This map should not be considered canon, nor should it be referenced in any Wookieepedia article. It is intended to be used as a mere "interesting" thing to look at, not an "exact" representation of the Star Wars galaxy, although I tried to make it as accurate as possible. It will hopefully make the canon Star Wars galaxy less confusing to viewers/editors, and organize several canon sources under a single roof.
Hall of Quote Edit
- "Is Cade online right now?"
"I'd like to know the same thing. There are a million things broken right now."
"Ah, so it's not just me then. Obviously, this is all Brandon's fault. But on a more serious note, what's going on for you?"
"We. We're all experiencing the same problems."
"So, the Abuse filter lock-out, I suspect?"
"No, more critical issues."
"Ah, like what?"
"Does it matter? I'd rather save my gripes for Cade. He's earned them."
"Ha. You've just earned yourself a place in my Hall of Quote."
"As you should be."
- ―Toprawa and Boots, discussing issues plaguing the Wook shortly before 11:30PM, Saturday, January 9th, 2016.
- "Wookieepedia: Where we don't care what costume Mara Jade wears, but who made it, from what material, and which source told us that."
- ―Cavalier One, after the December 6th, 2015 emergency Mofference
- Boots: "I could be saving the universe in a game right now, but instead I'm on a chat room where a bunch of old geezers talk about cheese crackers."
- Cav: "Boots just called you an old geezer, Cade. Also, bonus points for using the word geezer."
- Professor Tofty: "These whippersnappers these days. They just don't appreciate us old geezers. Why, back in my day, we didn't have these new-fangled tablets. We had to walk five miles uphill and back, in the snow, just to dialup..."
- ―Commander Boots, Cavalier One and Professor Tofty on cheese crackers. December 6th, 2015.[src]
- @Culator: "Random fact of the day: Dolphins will hold conversations with other dolphins over the phone."
- Commander_Boots: "This chat is too internet for me. Me no understand randomness. Why people so mad? Me no get. Much confused."
- Tyber: "Wow."
- ProfessorTofty: "So then I have freedom then to identify as an asshole should I feel that way? That's, um, good to know, I suppose."
- Tyber: "So coherence. Much sentence"
- @IFLOYD: "Asshole away, Tofty Punch a puppy in the face"
- @Culator: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know!"
- ―A standard day on the IRC. June 5th, 2016.[src]
- @Culator: "0..0 0"
- Commander_Boots: "That moment Culator falls asleep on his keyboard."
- @Culator: "0............................................................"
- @Toprawa: "Or there's a cat involved"
- @Culator: "Sorry, Stupid is very spooked by the new house."
- ―Culator's cat attacks. January 19th, 2018.[src]
- "Look at it this way: When you write an article, it's like taking a test in school. And the answer sheets are the MOS and LG pages. If you can memorize and apply the MOS and LG perfectly, you're the perfect reviewer. You don't have to be a great writer to be a good reviewer."
- ―Toprawa, Janurary 26, 2018
- @Toprawa: "When people join the reviewing panels, we tell them they're free to write as many articles as they want, but we're not paying you to write, in so many words. Your job is to review."
- Boots: "You're not paying us at all. :P"
- @Toprawa: "You must have missed "in so many words," smart ass. Put that one in your quote archive."
- Boots: "Haha. Sorry, I only put quotes in that make me look good."
- @Toprawa: "Or dumb, Depending on your point of view."
- ―Toprawa being Toprawa. January 26, 2018.[src]
Currently working on Edit
- "So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi to Luke Skywalker
The following are the articles that I'm currently putting much thought into expanding and improving. (Minor edits so far)
- Galactic Civil War
- Galactic Republic
- Alliance to Restore the Republic
- Confederacy of Independent Systems
The following are the articles that I've created: