126.96.36.199 16:05, October 7, 2017 (UTC)
Hi everyone! Even though I started editing in September, 2017; I have been a big Star Wars fan for a long time. I love all Jedi. I also like Blue Squadron (Rebel Alliance). Although my all-time favorite organization of characters are the Nikto Guards.
My favorite characters are:
1. Sharad Hett
2. Nikto Guards
5. General Antoc Merrick
The Star Wars movies (ranked best to worst in my opinion):
7. A New Hope
188.8.131.52 00:15, September 18, 2017 (UTC)
Welcome to Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki! You don't have to log in to read or edit articles on Wookieepedia, but creating an account is quick, free and non-intrusive, requires no personal information, and gives you many benefits, including:
If you wish to continue to contribute without registering, please take note of our Manual of Style to ensure your contributions fit in with the rest of this wiki.
Unidentified Blue Squadron Pilot Edit
Hey! The reason I added the tag was because I wasn't sure the page really needs to exist, I mean literally all they do as far as we know is say 'copy that'. You just need to add some categories to the page if you want the page to stay --Lewisr (talk) 00:03, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
Thanks so much! Edit
Unidentified Death Watch soldier (white helmet) Edit
I'm not all too sure we can say for certain that it was the same soldier in each episode, if you could find something that said for certain it was then maybe it'd be worth keeping --Lewisr (talk) 01:21, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
Though he did have the exact same helmet in all those episodes, I could see why you're saying it could be someone else. Oh well, (sigh) thanks for getting back to me quickly.
- Sorry about all this with your pages, I appreciate the effort you're putting into the pages --Lewisr (talk) 01:32, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
THANKS SO MUCH!!! Edit
Thank you for saying that, it meant a lot.
Not to be condescending, but I'm not sure you understand the notability policy(see here). I believe that articles for non-Id'd Mandos fall under the policy of battle droid articles-that is, only for those that "play a significant plot role or...have significant dialogue." The plot role for this character is nonexistent; his scenes and appearances could have been cut with little to no effect on the overall plot. He only has two short lines of dialogue, in an exchange with an equally nonnotable police officer. Furthermore, as mentioned by Lewisr above, we have no way of confirming that this Mando is the one that appears in all the scenes you mentioned. Animators, in CG shows, typically reuse models for extras to avoid the hassle of every extra needing a new model. Only when and if confirmation is given that they are the same Mando could we consider them the same, and if that day came, perhaps it would be notable enough. But as it stands, it is not. Your defense to me was that you "thought" he was notable enough. I have learned the hard way that though you may think something is notable enough, or that things here should be done a certain way, doesn't necessarily mean that they are, or should be. I believe this to be the case with this Mando.(sorry for the long post, just trying to present a solid argument. And again, not trying to be condescending, I've been in your shoes before)--D9328 (talk) 11:51, September 16, 2017 (UTC)d9328
Thanks so much! Edit
184.108.40.206 14:53, September 16, 2017 (UTC) Thank so much, you don't have to worry about being condescending, because you've been here long before me. Thank you for getting back to me quickly, and giving me a detailed explanation of why the Deletion Tag was added. I'll try to remember what you showed me about the Notability Policy, and about how that Mando could be cut, and no one would notice. Thanks again for getting back to me! Oh, and next time, I'll try to edit only more prominent characters. Bye!220.127.116.11 14:53, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
- You're very welcome. It took me a bit to get the hang of how things work here, too. But you don't only have to edit more prominent characters. More often then not, it's the articles about the less prominent characters/topics that need the most attention, because they're out of the limelight(not that a bunch of major articles don't need work after the Canon/Legends reboot, but still). Also, it's only necessary to put your signature at the end of your entry.--D9328 (talk) 16:12, September 16, 2017 (UTC)d9328
Hey! Thanks for your edits but its not necessary to say if a characters fate is unknown, its best to just leave it unsaid until we know for certain what happened. Also please make sure you add a source that states what you're adding --Lewisr (talk) 16:31, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
Okay, and I left a message on your talk page about adding "Personality and Traits" on Ord Enisence, just in case you didn't see it.
- I did see your message, though I don't think we can really make those calls just from the episode, we don't really know how frequent he was in the archives and we don't really know what he was like as a person --Lewisr (talk) 16:52, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
RE: Category Edit
I added the category in for you because I'm not really too sure how to explain it, I would highly recommend that you took a look at Wookieepedia:Layout Guide to show you how to structure your articles --Lewisr (talk) 19:53, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry to say but I have no idea what it means, sometimes when that comes up for me I just redo my edit and it usually works, though if it doesn't it would be best to contact one of the admins of the site who will be able to help you --Lewisr (talk) 20:14, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
18.104.22.168 20:18, September 16, 2017 (UTC)Okay! Thanks for all the information you've given me! I'm relatively new, so I'm still getting the hang of things. Bye!22.214.171.124 20:18, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
126.96.36.199 20:22, September 16, 2017 (UTC) Also, that Nikto Guards article shouldn't get deleted, right? If it doesn't, it will officially be the first article I've created (Unidentified Blue Squadron Pilot and Unidentified Death Watch soldier (white helmet) will both be deleted soon). 188.8.131.52 20:22, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Lets hope that the page will stay then, you may need to find a source that uses the term Nikto guard though just to be certain that the page can exist --Lewisr (talk) 20:26, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
Thank you! Edit
184.108.40.206 21:13, September 16, 2017 (UTC)Okay, I did source Nikto Guards, and thank you, because I took your advice for that info box problem, and your method worked. I didn't even have to contact an Administrator! Bye! And thanks again! 220.127.116.11 21:13, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
- I'm glad to hear that it worked, thanks for keeping me updated! No worries, always happy to help --Lewisr (talk) 21:16, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
This is a general notice and warning to you to please stop creating LEGO articles such as Nikto Guard. The Wookieepedia community has not authorized the creation of LEGO articles outside of subjects from the Freemakers Adventures series. If you continue to create the articles and ignore this message, you may be blocked from editing by an administrator. Thank you for your cooperation. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 22:30, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
18.104.22.168 22:39, September 16, 2017 (UTC) The only thing lego in that Nikto Guards article was when I said a minifigure of one was included in a lego set under the "behind the scenes" heading, furthermore, if there was something wrong with it, why didn't you just delete the information about lego, because that was only a 30th of the article! Good day! 22.214.171.124 22:39, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Please note that another reason the articles you created were deleted was because they were basically unreadable. Please take the time to read our core policies, the Layout Guide, the Manual of Style, and Sourcing before attempting to recreate those articles (or, in fact, creating any new articles) so that they do not fail to overcome the lowest bars of quality and get deleted as a result. Thank you. Imperators II(Talk) 22:44, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
- It's probably also worth saying at this point that I consider you to be close to violating the spirit of Wookieepedia's Three-revert rule by constant recreation of these deleted pages (Read that page for your own well-being. Seriously.), which means you're likely going to be blocked for that, if for no other reason, should you continue. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 22:53, September 16, 2017 (UTC)
Edit notices Edit
Hey. I just wanted to let you know that you don't need to tell other editors that you've made changes to a page. Wookieepedia is a collaborative website, so it's expected that other people will make changes. You are more than welcome to make those edits without needing to let anyone know!
I'd also recommend creating an account. That way you'll have your own unique username here and can more easily interact with other editors. Let me know if you have any questions about that! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 15:24, September 17, 2017 (UTC)
Thank you! Edit
126.96.36.199 15:29, September 17, 2017 (UTC) Thanks for being so welcoming! Also, you gave me a good laugh when I went on your page, and saw that you said "I am Batman!" 188.8.131.52 15:29, September 17, 2017 (UTC)
Please do not remove messages from talk pages, including your own. All messages are part of the public record and must remain visible. If you do not want a message to remain on your talk page, you may archive it on a subpage of this page provided that a link to the archive page is placed at the top of this page. Thank you for your cooperation.--DarthRuiz30 (talk) 00:25, September 18, 2017 (UTC)
We don't know that its an organization or anything, it doesn't really need a page. at best we could create a category for them but that doesn't seem necessary either as we don't have a category for those who attended Chalmun's Cantina or anything --Lewisr (talk) 17:49, September 30, 2017 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure those are reference books that include the characters not actual organization pages, if we had something like that for the ones in Maz's castle then of course we could make it but as far as I'm aware we don't --Lewisr (talk) 18:01, September 30, 2017 (UTC)
- That doesn't mean we need a page for them as an organization as they're never called one. We don't have pages for patrons of Chalmun's Cantina for example and I don't think we'll ever make one. Though I see why you might have made it we simply don't need the page --Lewisr (talk) 18:40, September 30, 2017 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user, identified by the user's numerical IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users. If you're concerned with privacy, registering also hides your IP address.
[WHOIS • RDNS • RBLs • Traceroute • Geolocate • Tor check • Proxy check] · [RIRs: America · Europe · Africa · Asia-Pacific · Latin America/Caribbean]