Not What You ThinkEdit
Wikipedia and IMDB are not valid sources since they can be edited by anyone. StarWars.com changed it from Not What You Think to Property of Ezra Bridger, as did Disney.com The admins have already moved the page over upon request as well, as there is sufficient enough information. Thanks for pointing out the youtube video though, I guess they haven't updated it yet. The rest of the official sources have updated the short, however. --Dentface (talk) 08:28, September 7, 2014 (UTC)
- I reverted the edits myself after I had a look. I apologize for my mistakes, I didn't know about the reason for the changes. -- Alex2424121 (talk) 09:54, September 7, 2014 (UTC)
While all good-faith contributions to Wookieepedia are appreciated, we ask that you please refer to Wookieepedia:Images, which can be found under the "other policies and guidelines" link in your welcome message, and familiarize yourself with the sourcing and licensing requirements before uploading any more images. The only uploading method supported by Wookieepedia, Special:Upload, will prompt you to enter this information. Wikia's non-standard upload forms are not supported under Wookieepedia policy, and ignorance of the uploading rules is not an acceptable excuse. Continued violation of the image policy or falsification of any information in an upload description are considered vandalism and will likely result in a block. Thank you. Cade Calrayn 22:45, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
- I am trying my best to follow your editing ways and I was applying the information to the image while you removed it, I just had some trouble with finding sources for merchandise images. Normally I'm use to other wikias where you just uploaded the image and nothing else. -- Alex2424121 (talk) 10:52, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
Wookieepedia wordmark Edit
Hello, Alex. Since you're an admin on the Rebels Wiki, would you mind uploading our current wordmark logo, found here, over the version you are currently using here and here? That's our old logo that we don't use anymore. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 21:39, September 10, 2015 (UTC)
- I'd be glad to but only Administrators can change the wordmark and I am not an Administrator on Wookieepedia. Alex2424121 (talk) 22:50, September 10, 2015 (UTC)
- You don't need to be an admin on Wookieepedia to change the wordmark on the Rebels Wiki. I could actually do it myself, but I thought I'd let you guys take care of it since I don't edit there. You just need to save our current wordmark as an image file and upload it over your two file versions on the Rebels Wiki. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 21:53, September 10, 2015 (UTC)
Copied plot summariesEdit
Hey Alex. Just like last week, I'd advise you from posting the same episode plot summaries on both Wookieepedia and Rebels Wiki. There's two reasons for that:
- The Wookieepedia community frowns upon that. Contributors here would, understandably, prefer that the content here be unique to Wookieepedia.
- Search Engine Optimization. If you're not familiar with SEO, it's everything that goes into giving a site its ranking in search engines. A site with great SEO will rank highly in search results. Two sites (like Wookieepedia and Rebels Wiki) on the same network (Wikia) having duplicate content is bad for SEO. It hurts both wikis, but it hurts Rebels Wiki more because Wookieepedia has better SEO (Wookieepedia has been around longer, has more content, more links, and has greater name recognition and brand awareness). So while I think you're making a good faith effort to contribute content to both communities, duplicating content is an SEO mistake.
- I apologise if I have caused any frustration. I did not think copying my own written plot summaries would be a big deal. Since I originally wrote them I did not believe the rule of plagiarism applied, but this thing about SEO was something I was not aware of. If it makes you any better, you have my word it will not happen again. - Alex2424121 (talk) 08:25, February 4, 2016 (UTC)
Disney Wiki ban Edit
Sorry to bother you here, but I ended up perma-banned from Disney Wiki for "general vandalism" by the abuse filter. Problem is, I don't even recall doing any vandalisms, and if anything I usually try to undo vandalism whenever it occurs. Since you're a mod there, can you investigate? Weedle McHairybug (talk) 14:23, September 3, 2018 (UTC)