Formatting articles Edit
Hey there, I was wondering if you could answer a few question I had about the formatting of articles. When I was looking over Eastgate, I noticed that the Bts had refs. I don't think I've really seen this before, unless the Bts has something in it that could be considered speculation if not referenced (or in some other similar cases.) Is it just a matter of personal preference? Also, in the location section of the infobox, where I simply put Reef Fortress Island, Hapes in my Shell flute article, on Eastgate it is formatted *Taris **Upper city. Is there a specific reason for doing it one way or the other? Thanks! - Princess GLG 02:33, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
Hantic article Edit
My edit on the Hantic article was just reverted by an admin whose talk page is protected so I cannot leave him a message. I have actually played Star Wars:Galactic Battlegrounds and the article disagrees with the game. In game, Hantic gave three Kaadu Cavalry to Gallo, not four Leeras.
- Your edits were reverted because you simply cut the info out and left an incomplete sentence. Though you were right, you failed to properly edit the article. Please pay more attention next time. I've gone and changed the text appropriately to be more factually correct. Thank you for your cooperation. MasterFred(Whatever) 22:18, June 8, 2013 (UTC)
what to you mean by test did you take down my edits on sweitt concorkill and utapau
that's understandable but I'm certan on my jabbas crminenal empire edits by addiding yoxgit an ugnaught and malikili the animal handler and rancor lover--Jedi ginga (talk) 16:43, June 15, 2013 (UTC)jedi ginja
Re: Grand Moff Edit
- Yeah, that's fine too. If it's too much, contact grunny. JangFett (Talk) 16:16, June 28, 2013 (UTC)
Unidentified Human scoundrel update Edit
Hello, I noticed a couple of things that need to be added to your Unidentified Human scoundrel good article. In The Essential Atlas, it says that the Human is about to lose the game to the Ithorian and Baragwin, while the article only mentions that he lost to the Ithorian. Also, I noticed that Chris Trevas illustrated a picture of the Human piloting a starship with a S19 astromech droid on page 135 of Scavenger's Guide to Droids in the S19's entry. The entry does not mention the Human, but you can make some additions to the article based on the image.--Exiled Jedi (Greetings) 22:15, July 1, 2013 (UTC)
CT Discussion Edit
First EduCorps meetingEdit
Hello, I am inviting you to the very first EduCorps IRC meeting, which will be held at 7 PM ET on Saturday August 31st. I am inviting all Inquisitors, AgriCorps members, and EduCorps members to a meeting in order to discuss the large amount of old comprehensive articles that are in need of maintenance. I would also like to discuss the possibility of increasing the responsibilities of EduCorps-only users due to the lack of reviewers on the Comprehensive article nominations page and CA review page. Please come join the discussion on this page if you wish to participate in the meeting. I encourage anyone who wants to contribute to add any articles with issues to the appropriate section on the page. Thank you for your time.--Exiled Jedi (Greetings) 03:59, August 18, 2013 (UTC)
Personal attacks Edit
With regards to your comments on Wookieepedia:Trash compactor/Unidentified Kel Dor Sith Lord: Please see Wookieepedia's no personal attacks policy. Comment on content, not on the contributor; personal attacks damage the community and deter users. Note that continued personal attacks may lead to blocks for disruption. Please stay cool and keep this in mind while editing. Thank you. You're an administrator, Cal. Act like one. Calling someone's good-faith arguments for proposing the deletion of an article "the sickest, laziest, most disgusting statement I have ever heard on Wookieepedia" is incredibly uncivil behavior, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Smarten up. Menkooroo (talk) 13:53, August 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Instead of grasping at straws in a weak attempt to defend your immature behavior, you should be owning up to it and making an effort to be a better administrator. Your comments were, as I said, incredibly uncivil, and you'll be very hard-pressed to claim that you weren't making a personal attack against me. Grow up and act like an admin. Menkooroo (talk) 14:10, August 26, 2013 (UTC)
- If you think that that kind of comment was proper, then I don't know what to tell you, other than asking if you've ever read Wookieepedia:Civility or Wookieepedia:No personal attacks. It really is a shame that you refuse to even acknowledge that you acted uncivilly and out of hand. That's not the kind of administrator this site needs. Menkooroo (talk) 14:29, August 26, 2013 (UTC)
WOTM nomination Edit
Thank you for supporting my nomination of WOTM for September 2013 as result for recognizing my work and hopefully some improvement for our beloved wookieepedia. -- Jedi Marty (talk) 23:29, August 31, 2013 (UTC)
Hello there, this is your local
tyrannical dictator project team lead. Now that things have settled down a bit I wanted to bring this to your attention. Anyway, check it out when you get a chance and leave a comment, and keep on trekkin'. Corellian PremierThe Force will be with you always 16:29, September 15, 2013 (UTC)
Hello Cal! I would like to be an admin on this wiki i think i would do great if not please tell me why!
- I help protect pages
- I contribute more as an admin
- I love star wars!
Thank you get back to me as fast as you can!
CT:Re-opening TOR and video game canonEdit
I thought you may wish to participate in Forum:CT:Re-opening TOR and video game canon seeing as you were involved in the consensus reached at Forum:CT:TOR and video game canon. --Gnarscien (talk) 16:25, November 17, 2013 (UTC)
That time of the year Edit
Balding human? Edit
Hello Cal Jedi, you were the nominator of the Unidentified balding Human (Jabba's Palace) article. Is he pictured in this card? Not sure if that's him or somebody else. Hanzo Hasashi (talk) 20:57, December 18, 2013 (UTC)
Green color for the adminsEdit
Hi, I'm the admin of the [it.starwars.wiki.com/wiki/Pagina_principale Javapedia], the italian SW wiki. I want to ask you how can I make it appear green the names of the admins in the Wiki Activity as in the Wookieepedia. Can you help me? Thank you very much and excuse me for any errors. ADMIRAL MIKE501 Yes, Sir! 14:19, December 23, 2013 (UTC)
Battlefront PSP Pics Edit
Hey, I just did two full campaign playthoughs of Renegade Squadron & Elite Squadron for the PSP. Do you want me to help post pics of characters & cutscenes, despite the fact that the game allows us to customize the colors? Razor Boyz (talk) 00:20, January 29, 2014 (UTC)
OOU LG addendum Edit
The proposal to the OOU LG has been modified with an exception about future series. Please be sure to check the CT to be sure that you still support the proposal. Thanks. Cade Calrayn 18:10, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
At the risk of sounding like an exploitative joker, I will attempt to humbly set forth a brief précis of Gov. Cal Earl Jedi's most disdainful nostrums in hopes of convincing you, the reader, to help give Cal a rhadamanthine warning not to marginalize me based on my gender, race, or religion. For openers, I am a law-and-order kind of person. I hate to see crimes go unpunished. That's why I sincerely hope that Cal serves a long prison term for his illegal attempts to dig a grave in which to bury liberty and freedom. To say otherwise would be superficial. An armed revolt against him is morally justified. However, I insist that it is not yet strategically justified.
Cal's comments are often appallingly venom-spouting, sometimes salacious, frequently off-point, and occasionally neo-perverted. Nevertheless, they do tell us something important about Cal. They tell us that Cal intends to transform fear and its inculcation into the preeminent force ruling human existence.
In the end, the most telling thing is that we are a nation of prostitutes. By this I mean that as long as we are fat, warm, and dry we don't care what Cal does. It is precisely that lack of caring that explains why if I thought that Cal's inclinations had even a snowball's chance in Hell of doing anything good for anyone, then I wouldn't be so critical. As they stand, however, I can conclude only that the doom-and-gloom, it's-too-late crowd always plays right into Cal's hands. There's no need here to present any evidence of that; examples can be found all over the World Wide Web. In fact, a simple search will quickly reveal that many scholars have already concluded that Cal's imprecations are highly infantile. Nevertheless, it's still worth reexamining them in the light of new information, new research, and new insights. Doing so is sure to reveal that Cal keeps telling us that obscurity, evasiveness, incomprehensibility, indirectness, and ambiguity are marks of depth and brilliance. Are we also supposed to believe that advertising is the most veridical form of human communication? I didn't think so.
Cal's dream is to hamstring our efforts to compile readers' remarks and suggestions and use them to weed out people like Cal who have deceived, betrayed, and exploited us. Then, just to twist the knife a little, he'll legitimize the fear and hatred of the privileged for the oppressed. This seems so obvious, I am amazed there is even any discussion about it. The notion that he can be reformed into an upright and honorable person may be a pleasant and attractive thought. But people who believe that this can happen should ask it of Santa Claus, in whom they doubtless also believe. Many people have witnessed Cal use terms of opprobrium such as “purblind chuckleheads” and “incoherent, cruel rattlebrains” to castigate whomever he opposes. Cal generally insists that his witnesses are mistaken and blames his imperious press releases on mordacious tin-pot tyrants. It's like he has no-fault insurance against personal responsibility. What's more, Cal wants me to stop trying to analyze his ramblings in the manner of sociological studies of mass communication and persuasion. Instead, he'd rather I give in to the quacks, witch doctors, charmers, sorcerers and fortune tellers who tell us that honor counts for nothing. Sorry, but I don't accept defeat that easily.
What goes around comes around, and I'm not making that up! When Cal lies, it's consistent with his character, for he's a liar and the father of lies. Another reason that many people consider it consistent is that Cal would have us force us to adopt rigid social roles that compromise our inner code of ethics. May God, in his restraining mercy, forbid that we should ever do this most quasi-catty and savage thing! Until we address this issue, we will never move beyond it. JangFett (Talk) 00:10, April 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Wait! Before you dismiss me as depraved, hear me out. What, then, does “philosophicojuristic” mean? It means considerably more than any dictionary is likely to say. As if you didn't know, if we are powerless to supply the missing ingredient that could stop the worldwide slide into careerism, it is because we have allowed Cal to form the association in the public's mind between any campaigns of malice and malignity he disagrees with and the ideas of hate and violence and illegality. From a purely technical point of view, he might diminish society's inducements to good behavior before the year is over. What are we to do then? Place blinders over our eyes and hope we don't see the horrible outcome?
- Cal has announced his intentions to contravene decency. While doing so may earn Cal a gold star from the mush-for-brains obscurantism crowd, his sympathizers have been seen replacing the search for truth with a situationist relativism based on appalling negativism. Cal claimed he would take responsibility for this incomprehensible behavior, but in fact he did nothing to fix matters or punish the culprits. This proves that Cal finds it convenient to blame all of society's woes on neo-vapid killjoys. Doing so fits with the rest of his populist sloganeering and takes less intellectual effort than investigating the structural factors and material practices that may in fact be the true reason that we must soon make one of the most momentous decisions in history. We must decide whether to let Cal befuddle the public and make sin seem like merely a sophisticated fashion or, alternatively, whether we should work together in an atmosphere of friendship and hope. Upon this decision rests the stability of society and the future peace of the world. My view on this decision is that the law is not just a moral stance. It is the consensus of society on our minimum standards of behavior.
- When a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Cal stubbornly refuses to own up to his mistakes serves only to convince me that I do not find ideas that are malign, indecent, and churlish to be “funny”. Maybe I lack a sense of humor, but maybe while he and other maledicent myopic-types sometimes differ on the details and scale of their upcoming campaigns of terror they never fail to agree on the basic principle and substance. Hence, it is imperative that you understand that I hope Cal enjoys his new distinction as one of the most base-minded airheads who ever lived. Whatever weight we accord to that fact, we may be confident that Cal believes with sincere conviction that you and I are inferior to dotty schmucks. Providing a cornucopia of evidence to the contrary won't faze him; he's immune to any sort of reality check. That's why of all of Cal's exaggerations and incorrect comparisons, one in particular stands out: “Cal is known for his sound judgment, unerring foresight, and sagacious adaptation of means to ends.” I don't know where he came up with this, but his statement is dead wrong.
- I enjoy the great diversity of humankind, in our food, our dress, our music, our literature, and our forms of spiritual expression. What I don't enjoy are Cal's unscrupulous revenge fantasies, which waste taxpayers' money. Cal is addicted to the feeling of power, to the idea of controlling people. Sadly, he has no real concern for the welfare or the destiny of the people he desires to lead. He is more dangerous than other self-deceiving hellions because the spoiled, pampered offspring of the cosseted upper class actually believe him when he says that I'm some sort of cully who can be duped into believing that he is the most recent incarnation of the Buddha. Once it becomes clear that his logodaedaly is frighteningly successful at convincing simple-minded blackguards of one sort or another that he holds a universal license that allows him to create catchy, new terms for boring, old issues, it becomes apparent that he's good at one thing, and that's keeping his ulterior motives secret. Only a few initiates in the inner sanctum of Cal's terrorist organization know that he's planning to inflict untold misery, suffering, and distress. Even fewer of these initiates know that Cal has frequently been spotted making nicey-nice with moralistic obtuse-types. Is this because he needs their help to discredit and intimidate the opposition? Well, you don't need Sherlock Holmes to solve that mystery. Heck, you probably don't even need Scooby Doo. Neverthess, let me remind you that Cal's cock-and-bull stories have merged with Mohockism in several interesting ways. Both spring from the same kind of reality-denying mentality. Both twist my words six ways for Sunday. And both make conditions far worse than could ever have been the case without his unbridled efforts.
- If we don't encourage our spirits to soar, our children will curse us in our graves. Speaking of our children, we need to teach them diligently that my position is that that statement can be most easily defended since it is not quantitative but qualitative. He, in contrast, argues that taxpayers are a magic purse that never runs out of gold. This disagreement merely scratches the surface of the ideological chasm festering between me and Cal. The only rational way to bridge this chasm is for him to admit that I would love to be a fly on the wall near where he and his den of thieves meet. I'd love to hear how those gutless quidnuncs come up with their namby-pamby schemes for institutionalizing mandarinism through systematic violence, distorted religion, and dubious science. Then, I'd finally be able to back up my claim that Cal is undeniably proud of himself for conconcting such a “brilliant” scheme for squandering irreplaceable treasures. In my opinion, however, that's the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. Much better would be to ensure that we survive and emerge triumphant out of the coming chaos and destruction.
- Cal was a condescending vigilante when I first encountered him. Cal is a condescending vigilante now. And there is no more reason for believing that Cal will ever cease to be a condescending vigilante than there is for supposing that cell-phone towers are in fact covert mind-control devices that use scalar waves to beam images into people's brains while they sleep. He doesn't want me to study the problem and recommend corrective action. Well, I've never been a very obedient dog so I intend not only to do exactly that but also to get us out of the hammerlock in which Cal is holding us.
- When I was growing up, we were taught that one should always try to allay the concerns of the many people who have been harmed by Cal. Nowadays, it seems that more and more kids are being taught that exhibiting a deep disdain for all people who are not ill-tempered ignoramuses is essential for the safety and welfare of the public. You can thank Cal for this hate-filled pedagogical viewpoint, especially given that he does, occasionally, make a valid point. But when he says that human beings should be appraised by the number of things and the amount of money they possess instead of by their internal value and achievements, that's where the facts end and the ludicrousness begins.
- Some of the facts I'm about to present may seem shocking. This they certainly are. However, Cal's myrmidons have decided, behind closed doors and in closed sessions, to promote group-think attitudes over individual insights. Let's be sure that I've made myself absolutely clear: You may be worried that Cal will manipulate the public like a puppet dangling from strings one day. If so, then I share your misgivings. But let's not worry about that now. Instead, let's discuss my observation that Cal wants me to stop trying to champion the poor and oppressed against the evil of Cal. Instead, he'd rather I shake in my boots from fear. Sorry, but I don't accept defeat that easily.
- Either Cal has no real conception of the sweep of history, or he is merely intent on winning some debating pin by trying to pierce a hole in my logic with “facts” that are taken out of context. I think I know why he's so intent on throwing us into a “heads I win, tails you lose” situation. Cal uses such behavior as a hollow, saccharine palliative for a soul wrenched by serious internal contradictions. This explains why he denies ever having tried to wage a clandestine guerilla war against many basic human rights. I assume he's merely trying to cover his posterior, as the truth is that if Cal would abandon his name-calling and false dichotomies it would be much easier for me to complain about conniving, out-of-touch clowns.
- Given that Cal's behavior is rarely more refined than that of a banana-eating jungle monkey, isn't it fairly obvious that Cal is basically a bad person? At first, you might be unsure as to whether he is capable of passing very rapidly from a hidden enjoyment of malicious boosterism to a proclaimed attachment to philistinism and back—and back again. But on deeper inspection, you'll honestly conclude that he maintains a “Big Brother” dossier of incriminating information about everyone he distrusts to use as a potential weapon. Is your name listed in that dossier? If I'm not horribly mistaken, there's a painfully simple answer. It regards the way that some people I know say that he places his indelible imprimatur upon a form of etatism that is fundamentally, pervasively, and inescapably blockish. Others argue that ugly used-car salesmen, almost by definition, plunge the whole of Christendom into wars and chaos. At this point the distinction is largely academic given that we're going to have to hunker down for a protracted war against him and his coalition of yawping, louche prima donnas and unrestrained, morally crippled conspiracy theorists. This will really be a conflict of a type that, given the external backing on which our opponents rely, is unlikely to end in a rout by either side. Even if the fighting ends at the negotiation table, it is easy to see faults in others. But it takes perseverance to criticize Cal's complicity in the widespread establishment of collectivism. In closing, I ask that you swear in the holy sanctuary of your soul that you will never stop preventing the production of a new crop of warped, uncompanionable nudniks. That's how I live my life, and that's how you should consider living yours. JangFett (Talk) 00:32, April 2, 2014 (UTC)
Hi there. I was reading through the April Fools forum (which was very funny xD) and noticed my username mentioned:
We would cut off the new admin nominations after Spongebob456 completes the WOTM process, of course.—Cal JediInfinite Empire (Personal Comm Channel) 04:15, April 1, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, Cal, quick question on your TFU CAs. Do you agree with my deduction on the EduCorps meeting page. I would gladly fix the problems if you don't have time, but only if you agree. Cheers. Clone Commander Lee Talk 20:31, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Okay, with your permission I will address the issues, but we'll always have the undo-button. I hope you're doing fine, I'll miss your CAN reviews. ;-) Clone Commander Lee Talk 21:39, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
A message Edit
Hello! I was reading your profile page and saw that you were a Baptist. I too am a Baptist and it's nice to see someone who believes the same way as me. I was impressed that you're so bold in your testimony, keep it up! The world needs some more bold Christians. God Bless you.... --02:47, August 16, 2014 (UTC)
am i allowed to make a new starwars planet? Kind regards, Jawathecoolest=D.