Welcome To Dark Lord Xanders Talk PageEdit
Feel Free To Leave Me a Message Bellow. I like to keep my talk page short at around 20 - 25 messages so I often update my Archive.
To See older Messages See the Archives
My Zekka Thyne featured page nominationEdit
Hey, my name's Colin. I've been working very hard on the Zekka Thyne page for a featured article nomination, and as of right now, I've added all the pics and info I can get my hands on, read and reported on all the material the character is featured in, and addressed almost every concern that's been voiced.
The only thing that hasn't been addressed is that the article is lacking specific information about the Star Wars Galaxies missions Zekka assigns. Unfortunately, I can't find that information anywhere online, and since I haven't had a SWG account in years, I can't log on and find it myself. I'm hoping somebody will add that eventually, but in the grand scheme of things, I think it's pretty minor information, and would argue it shouldn't hold up its nomination.
I've been told the nomination has potential but doesn't have the votes, and that I should ask some people to review it for me. (I haven't actively asked people yet; I've never really gone through this process before.) I was hoping maybe you'd take a look at it and see if it's worthy of a vote from you? Or give me any further suggestions? I'd really appreciate it!
--ColinMcEv, Sept. 26, 21:43
Mandos and Mando'a Edit
Well, my favorite Mandalorian. Hmm, that's tough. Skirata, Vau, Boba Fett, Jango Fett.... I really don't know. If forced to pick...Boba Fett. I think. I really love Mandos in general. In True Colors I think we'll get to meet a Mando chick who was one of the Cuy'val Dar (that'll be awesome).
As for the Mando'a, here's a link to Karen Traviss' homepage. She has a dictionary of Mando'a on her site. http://www.karentraviss.com/
Also, if you want something you can't find or can't translate, talk to Commando38. She's great, and knows Mando'a inside and out.
K'oyacyi! Cheers! Tracynsenaar 20:32, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- Like Tracynsenaar, I cannot "officially" decide my favorite Mandalorian, but I think I would have to choose Boba Fett. Why: 1. He has loads of awesome gadgets (and brains), 2. I have read the Boba Fett books (and like them), 3. He is one of the only characters that hasn't died (yet). I really love anything that has to do with Mandalorians. :Ibi'cuu sa'ey Cyardo'ad ba'sa solu'be eyn gaa'yaih be'adat me'mai miat'ibi." LethalReflex 21:10, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- After reading the Fenn Shysa article I have to agree with you, his own novel would be quite interesting." Yes, hopefully Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor will shed some light on the character and maybe a novel about or involving what happened on Shogun would be Awesome. LethalReflex 14:43, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
Hi! I heard you needed some 'not-so-well-known-' Mando'a sayings. I've got quite a few and like LethalReflex and Tracynsenaar said I do a lot of it for 25 who's currently working on Star Wars: Republic Commando II-Fall of the Republic.
Here are the quotes I've done which can be also seen on my User page:
- Mh’i te’jant verd’e te Mando’ads! Mh’i t’aden a’deb teh Manda’yaim!
We the best warriors of the Mandalorians! We the merciless wrath from Mandalore(1st line in the Mando'a song Comman'das Mhi Si|SW:RC-FotR and FTR)
- Akaanir'mav ra ramaan'muu!
Fight well or die hard!(Army chant of Delta Squad|SW:RC-FotR and FTR)
- Burc’ya vaal burk’yc, burc’ya veman.
A freind during danger is a true freind.
- Sh'taap ni'at te'anu ba'alori be'ner aloi!
Just point me at the enemy and stay out of my way!(Sev most memorable quote translated into Mando'a|FTR)
- Mh’oya dra’r chaa’al chaa’ast.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself.(Theodore Roosevelt, translated into Mando'a)
- Mando’ads... burk’solu. Kyrami’tom.
Mandalorians... dangerous alone. Deadly together.(Mando'a saying|SW:RC-FotR and FTR)
- Mhi... te’akaan hodasal’o ge’tal. Mhi... te’akaan tom’o vod’liit. Mhi... Te Tal Akaan’ade!
We... the army painted in red. We... the army together in brotherhood. We... The Blood Army!(Part of the chant of The Blood Army|SW:RC-FotR and FTR)
- T’werd s’shi chaaj’daa ma’te nau’s dralis.
The shadows are only deeper when the light is brighter.(Mando'a saying|SW:RC-FotR and FTR)
- Ni'haata lo'gar peti'run. Ni'hatta te'werd gar'haaran.
I see into your very soul. I see the darkness you hide.(Trayncsenaar)
- E’kad jori’nay kot’nae te’gaa me’juri bic’gan kar’ae.
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.(Unknown, translated into Mando'a|FTR)
- Te’hoday ba’jorhaai nue’gotalu gar’mirdal.
The ability to speak does not make you intellegent.(Qui-Gon Jinn)
- Mando’ade ne’gotalu jurkaa, mh’gotalu darau’mi.
Mandalorians don't make threats, they make promises.(Canderous Ordo, translated into Mando'a|SW:RC-FotR and FTR)
- Ni’gana ne’trattok, Ni’na pakod’drashaar te’ruusaan.
I have not fallen, I am simply recovering from betrayel.
- Haat’waad adat’gar solus’me ad’viinir lo’val jur’shi tio’val gann’si ut’reeyah.(FTR)
A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.(Mando'a saying|FTR)
- Tio’gar gan’kotir chaabar riduurok gar’mir gar’gana koti’kyra.
When you have conquered fear of love, you know that you have conquered death.(SW:RC-FotR and FTR)
All quotes here come from either SW:RCII-FotR, For The Republic(book and movie series), or the book series Tal'din: Behind the Mandalorian Wars. Feel free to ask for any translation! Also if you want to know about any of the orginations/other things in the quotes just ask too!Commando38 Cetar'o Manda'lor!20px Mando'ade jorhaa'ir!'
- Went through and placed () around where that saying is from. :D Look behind the English translation. Commando38 Cetar'o Manda'lor!20px Mando'ade jorhaa'ir!'
- Wow... I am not even sure were to begin, but Commando38 has a good amount of phrases (I get most of mine from her). "Ke nujurkadir sha Mando'ade!", (Don't mess with Mandalorians! ) "Comman'das Daras'kyra!" (Commandos never die!)... There are some more in my archive page so if you want to borrow some your welcome to. LethalReflex 14:37, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- Your welcome. LethalReflex 23:41, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- Wow. I don't think I can really add any more to 38's list. Ain't she amazing? Tracynsenaar 15:17, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- I lied. There is one I can add. Here's my favorite:
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur. Today is a good day for some other bugger to die. Tracynsenaar 15:20, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
Fav Commando ? Edit
Who's your favorite Clone Commando? LethalReflex 03:09, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Sev, but I like Scorch's jokes. They're all pretty cool though. :D LethalReflex 18:43, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
Mando'a subpage Edit
I don't mind that my name's in there. Question: am I allowed to make minor edits to the subpage?
And what about some favorite Mando quotes on the subpage? One of my favorite Boba one's (he's talking to his granddaughter's boyfriend):
Boba:Here's the deal: you break her heart, I break your legs. Tracynsenaar 00:42, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
- Hey, here's an idea. How about putting the chants in their own group instead of putting them with the phrases?Tracynsenaar 16:19, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
- I don't mind you putting up my name on the subpage. LethalReflex 18:40, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
- It's pretty good looking. Good job. Could I put the link to your Mandoa subpage on my userpage. LethalReflex 18:48, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
Wookiee User boxEdit
- Hey, I saw your "This user wants more Wookiee Jedi to be allowed in the EU!" userbox, and was wondering if I can have it on my userpage? Oh, you can help yourself to any of the userboxes on my page anytime. LethalReflex 20:42, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
I did it again! New Mando'a quotes. Hope you like them:
- Gar’sura troc’ga haate.
Your focus determines your reality.(I must say not one of my best...)
- E’vaar jag coopaanir ba’kyra orijat’be e’jorbe, vaal’e ruugl’ja versopaanir ba’oyacyi pel’be solus.
An immature man wants to die nobly for a cause, while a mature man wishes to live humbly for one.
Thank you for the wookiee jedi box, and about star wars games I understand (they just need so much help there). Oh, sorry about not labeling enough. LethalReflex 15:38, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
Hi, and a quick apology for not being around lately. All my free time that I usually spend haunting Wookieepedia has been spent playing KotOR, as a friend got it up and running on my computer. Guess the tech guy who told me I had the wrong type of computer was a di'kut 'cause it took my friend about thirty seconds to fix the glitch. So, I'm off to Dantooine. Tracynsenaar 23:22, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
Wondering if you wouldn't mind me making a few minor edits to the Mando'a page? I'll be sure to tell you afterwards and you can see if you like them or not. :D Mh’oya dra’r chaa’al chaa’ast. Commando38 Cetar'o Manda'lor!20px Mando'ade jorhaa'ir!'
I got imperial writting for my user page, maybe you could take a look and tell me what you think.Thire 4477 20:16, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
I just wanted to know if there was any Star Wars usergroups? Coz if so, how do i get to them.
TheDevilMayCry 06:19, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
Who are the admins?
TheDevilMayCry 06:24, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for the positive feedback on my work! However, a friend said it seemed a lot like the story of the Mistryl Shadow Guards. When I looked them up, I was kind of annoyed because it seemed like I copied. So my novel will have to undergo some major reworking. Tracynsenaar 18:11, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
- KotOR has been so much fun! (When I have time to play it.) I'm at Manaan now and I went on trial for being in the Sith base. I was able to weasel my way out of getting in trouble. I'm now at this underwater base full of psychopathic Selkath. Tracynsenaar 18:25, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
If you have time or feel like it (you don't have to though), I would encourage you to take a look at my best and my favorite SWFanon article. Please note that it is still under construction, and please leave me comments. Thanks. :D LethalReflex20pxCommlink 23:43, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
hey 38 sent me. not sure what that means
Your awesome userboxes Edit
Hey Xander, can I use some of your awesome custom userboxes on my userpage? Darth Bassan94 21:44, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
Your Big Collection Edit
The title tells it all