Welcome, Gunman6! Edit
Wookieepedia aspires to be a reliable source for all Star Wars fans to read and draw information from, and as such, fan-created continuity and fan fiction are not allowed within our articles. All in-universe material must be attributable to a reliable, published source.
Do not remove talk page and forum comments, including your own, as they are part of the public record. Remember that you should always sign your comments on talk and vote pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~.
For an optimal viewing experience, Wookieepedia recommends using the Monobook skin. For help changing your skin preference, see Help:Skin.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wookieepedian! If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Senate Hall, visit our official IRC channel, or ask me on my talk page. May the Force be with you! —Trak Nar Ramble on 07:00, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for your guidance, Master Nar.--Gunman6 (talk) 07:07, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
Removing messages from forums and talk pages Edit
Please do not remove messages from forums or talk pages, as they are a matter of public record. If you want to say something different, add it below the original message, rather than altering the message itself. Thanks. Trak Nar Ramble on 09:13, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Umm, I don't recall doing such ...--Gunman6 (talk) 15:39, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
Unverified information warning Edit
Thank you for contributing to Wookieepedia! Please note that at least one of your recent additions added unverified information to a mainspace article. Additions to Wookieepedia's articles must be verifiable by a reliable source per our sourcing policy, and unverified information may be reverted or deleted. Continuing to add unverified information may lead to you being blocked from editing by an administrator. Thank you. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 00:52, September 11, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Bob Anderson Edit
Before you try replacing the information in the article with this new link, please be aware that that link does not qualify as a reliable source for citation purposes. A fan blog is not a reliable source of information in itself unless it sources its information to another reliable source, which in this case it does not. In other words, we can't say that Bob Anderson's voice was dubbed just because some fan blog says so. We need a more credible source to assert such a claim. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 02:27, September 11, 2013 (UTC)
- I doubt it's ONLY a fan blog, we could easily ask the blogger where they got the information and to be fair, many of the official SW sites keep getting removed so it could've easily been listed on either there or the magazine prior to the site revision.--Gunman6 (talk) 08:33, September 13, 2013 (UTC)
Death Star victims Edit
Hello, Gunman; please do not continue to add Category:Death Star I victims or Category:Death Star II victims to articles—that kind of trivia is discouraged here, and it's essentially the same as Category:Individuals killed by X. this forum should help explain it. Cade Calrayn 21:13, November 3, 2013 (UTC)
Dammit, it was supposed to be useful not trivial. All this work for nothing.--Gunman6 (talk) 21:15, November 3, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Please stop undoing my edit Edit
When editing the userpage of another user, it is a good idea to have explicit permission from the user in question, preferably on the wiki. It is impossible for the users of the site to verify such claims without a direct link. Cheers, 1358 (Talk) 19:17, June 1, 2014 (UTC)
Galleries are not permitted in articles except for special circumstances such as cover galleries. Please stop adding in galleries to existing articles. Thank you. Cade Calrayn 01:03, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
While all good-faith contributions to Wookieepedia are appreciated, we ask that you please refer to Wookieepedia:Images, which can be found under the "other policies and guidelines" link in your welcome message, and familiarize yourself with the sourcing and licensing requirements before uploading any more images. The only uploading method supported by Wookieepedia, Special:Upload, will prompt you to enter this information. Wikia's non-standard upload forms are not supported under Wookieepedia policy, and ignorance of the uploading rules is not an acceptable excuse. Continued violation of the image policy or falsification of any information in an upload description are considered vandalism and will likely result in a block. Thank you. Cade Calrayn 15:17, December 13, 2014 (UTC)
- You told me absolutely nothing about what I did wrong. I sourced where it came from and have never had this issue before and I did use special upload.
UPDATE: Okay, so I forgot to add a description which I could still manually add.--Gunman6 (talk) 20:54, December 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Once again, this was improperly uploaded. Please use the guided upload version of Special:Upload, which can be accessed by clicking the text in the upper right corner of the purple message, and correctly fill out the licensing information. Additionally, the source should be formatted better than just a generic YouTube link. Cade Calrayn 21:11, December 13, 2014 (UTC)
- It's the only place where you're going to find a picture of her is from the video itself or a DVDripped image version of that. Because it reloaded due to recognizing what the picture was, it undid my changes and reverted it back to "fair use" as opposed to "generic fair use."
There's no other place where I got the image from so what should I source it as?
- Finally found that guided version you're talking about so using that.--Gunman6 (talk) 21:14, December 13, 2014 (UTC)
You have been blocked from editing for edit-warring. Quantity does not equal quality when it comes to sources; adding more doesn't mean you can remove the verify tag when the sources in question aren't enough to validate it.. To contest this block, please contact the blocking administrator with the reason you believe the block is unjustified. Cade Calrayn 21:21, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Once again, thank you for being incredibly unhelpful and unsound in your claims of how to cite something. I will not be contributing anything anymore to this sorry excuse for a wiki so good day.--Gunman6 (talk) 18:32, July 23, 2015 (UTC)