Welcome, Protectorate! Edit
Wookieepedia aspires to be a reliable source for all Star Wars fans to read and draw information from, and as such, fan-created continuity and fan fiction are not allowed within our articles. All in-universe material must be attributable to a reliable, published source.
Do not remove talk page and forum comments, including your own, as they are part of the public record. Remember that you should always sign your comments on talk and vote pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~.
For an optimal viewing experience, Wookieepedia recommends using the Monobook skin. For help changing your skin preference, see Help:Skin.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wookieepedian! If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Senate Hall, visit our official IRC channel, or ask me on my talk page. May the Force be with you! —LelalMekha (talk) 14:26, November 12, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, Protectorate. Thank your for your compliments. Well, if you can indeed make Demolition screenshots, that could be useful--not just for Otto, but for future updates. However, we deliberately chose not to use a picture from either the victory or defeat cutscene because it would be speculative; since no canon sources has stated whether he won or not, we cannot choose ourselves. Admittedly, the best infobox image we could have for Otto would be the profile pic of him that was once featured on the Demolition minisite—like these ones for example—but the site in question has disappeared for good. --LelalMekha (talk) 14:32, November 12, 2013 (UTC)
- However, you're absolutely right when you say that the infobox picture should depict the latest known appearance. It's the normal rule of thumb, but there are cases where it's just not possible. :-) Ah, and if I can give your another piece of advice: usually, it is best not to modify a status article (either Good or Featured Article) without asking its "guardian" first. It's not policy, not a rule per se, but rather a custom of ours for the sake of courtesy. Not that I particularly mind people making useful edits to my GAs and FAs, just like you did, but some other may be more touchy about that than I am. ;-) --LelalMekha (talk) 15:16, November 12, 2013 (UTC)
Smokin' barns Edit
It's great to hear that you're interested in doing a barn-burner! The best way to gauge community interest in one is to start a thread in the Senate Hall to ask who's interested and to float ideas for a theme. We've talked about doing NJO Jedi before; it was one of the top candidates for a theme for the first one. Menkooroo (talk) 00:49, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Echoing Menkooroo, it's about time we had another one, so I'm sure users will support it and help give ideas. 501st dogma(talk) 01:05, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
As I posted on the review page for Gand there is still more information from The Long Arm of the Hutt to be added to the Gand article. The update is not complete.--Exiled Jedi (Greetings) 06:07, January 8, 2014 (UTC)
Wookieepedian of the Month Edit
- Congrats! 501st dogma(talk) 12:42, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Congratulations. Supreme Emperor (talk) 14:25, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Protectorate. As you may or may not have known, each month, we used to interview the Wookieepedian of the month. Due to time and life factors, this stopped mid last year. I'm going to take a shot at restarting it, and wondered if you would be interested in being interviewed. Thanks, and again, congratulations on being WOTM. Supreme Emperor (talk) 03:01, February 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Basically, I would send you a few questions either on your talk page, via IRC, or basically whatever works best for you. As an example, here is some of the interviews from last year. Here is a few on our newsnet. The questions would vary from editing related questions, to thoughts about the site and Star Wars in general. If you have any other questions, feel free to drop them on my talk page, and I can also be found on the IRC pretty much every night as Supreme_Emperor. Happy editing, Supreme Emperor (talk) 04:05, February 8, 2014 (UTC)