Main Page talk
To encourage discussion at Senate Hall and centralize the assortment of random commentary, we should probably hide the archives of the Main Page talk. I'll volunteer to patrol it make sure that any discussion there is relevant to the Main Page, rather than Wookieepedia overall. Thoughts? --SparqMan 00:41, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
Evening, I'm a longtime Star Wars fan and actually a member of a Star Wars RPG called the Star Wars Combine and own a very large server for hosting Faction Related Websites and the like. I was wondering if you would like to have Free hosting for the Wookieepedia on my servers. I could help Transfer everything and do the setup work ETC. And you would of course still be the Owner of the Wookieepedia. I know your likally say no but the Wookieepedia's so awsome i had to offer. As a side note i also Maintain a Wiki for the Star Wars Combine Located HERE WillSWC 06:14, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
- I'm not WhiteBoy, but I should point out that WhiteBoy, despite being the founder, does not own Wookieepedia. Nobody does. Such questions should be decided by the community, not one person. And frankly, I do not see any reason to move away from Wikia, with all the support they have been offering. Not to mention that, since Wookieepedia has a shared user database with the rest of Wikia, moving to another hosting would mean a lot of bogus users. - Sikon 10:12, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
- Your right, No one really OWNS the Compedia. I poorly worded that. And i doubt it will be accepted i know. But honestly the Wookieepedia's so awesome i had to offer. And as for moveing it, I could myself Move almost all of the Wookieepedia in under 2-3 weeks. Thats without help. Userpages would have to stay and be moved by the User but otherwise i can move it myself. WillSWC 10:28, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
- I would find the move unnecessary. Wikia supports us and to leave them would leave us in the dark. Sorry. -- Riffsyphon1024 04:52, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- I cannot add much more to what the others have said. Wikia provides us free hosting and has supported us very well, so we have no reason to leave. But thanks for kind words and the offer. WhiteBoy 11:40, 1 January 2007 (UTC)
I know that you are probally busy running the largest wiki ever but I was wondering if you could give me a couple words of advice. I am the founder of a new wiki and I am confused on what to do. I am sorry if you bothered you, please respond here. Jimwitz 01:32, 13 January 2007 (UTC)
Thank You so much for your advice. Jimwitz 21:00, 13 January 2007 (UTC)
Hi WhiteBoy, Jaymach recommended I talk to you about getting an @wookieepedia.com email address. If you don't mind, I'd like firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know if that's ok. Thanks for your time! —Xwing328(Talk) 02:51, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
- Late response to your message: I would like my email address to be email@example.com , if that's alright. =) --Imp 22:40, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- Heh, no problem. I had one already setup for you as Imperialles, but I can change it. Email or IM me so I can get you the instructions for logging in. WhiteBoy 22:47, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- Cool! We should create a Wookieepedia:WookieeCast (WookieePod? what's the name of the pod that Yoda used to escape from Kashyyyk?) page and make it official. Of course maybe we should run that through CT first. WhiteBoy 23:11, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
Seeking Interview with Wookieepedia creators.
Hello, My name is Christine, I am a researcher and webmaster for I-SCI-FI, www.i-sci-fi.com We are a online talk show, that covers all areas of science fiction and fantasy. We would like to interview the creators of Wookieepedia. The interview can be done live on Thursdays, in the evening or can be recorded at your convience. Our show is in podcast format, if you are interested in listening to past shows: http://www.iscifi.tv/podcast I would recommend episode 297 - Charles Ross - the one man Star Wars show. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or know of someone else that would be.
I tried to create an article (well, actually a category) but misspelled it, realizing it too late. Now I can't change the title, and I can't delete the article. How can it be fixed?