These small droids were widespread during their prime.
The term "utility droid" was used for many different models that varied widely in form and function. Some of them, particularly the Duwani Mechanicals models, were at times referred as "astromech droids." Some models were used for advanced applied physics functions such as starship repair, astrogation, and even computer slicing and programming. Others performed more menial tasks such as janitorial duties and waste disposal.
Almost all were under one meter tall. They were equipped either with wheeled legs or small repulsorlift generators for movement.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- The Old Republic: Smuggler's Vanguard
- The Old Republic: Deceived
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Episode I Adventures 8: Trouble on Tatooine (First mentioned)
- Death Star (Mentioned only)
- The Jewel of Yavin
- Star Wars Missions 13: Prisoner of the Nikto Pirates (as cleaning droid)
- Death Trap! (First appearance)
- (as cleaning droid)
- A Forest Apart (as cleaning droid)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (as cleaning droid)
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen (as cleaning droid)
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill (as cleaning droid)
- Crucible (as cleaning droid)
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (As "cleaning droid")
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids