- "What do you fly?"
"That is a quality ship."
- ―Lando Calrissian and Han Solo
The VCX-100 was outfitted with sleeping quarters, a galley, and a common room. Its armament comprised a dorsal turret and a frontal-turret, the latter being controlled by a gunner in its seat or from the cockpit. The cargo bay and main entrance ramp of the VCX-100 were mostly located in the front of the freighter, below the forward-turret. VCX-100s also had a slot in between its main engines, into which a VCX-series auxiliary starfighter could dock. The VCX-100 was also outfitted with a magnetic cargo clamp on its ventral plating, capable of holding several bulk containers.
In 10 BBY, before Han Solo owned the Millennium Falcon, Solo played a game of Sabacc against Lando Calrissian to try to win the latter's starship. Solo bluffed that he owned a VCX-100 to use as collateral in order to get Calrissian's attention.
In 35 ABY, at least three VCX-100 light freighters including the Ghost were part of a fleet assembled by Lando Calrissian to assist the Resistance during the battle against the Sith Eternal forces over the planet Exegol.
- Angry Birds Star Wars II
- LEGO Star Wars Movie Short (Rebels: Saving the Phantom)
- LEGO Star Wars Movie Short (Rebels Ghost Story)
- Club Penguin Star Wars Rebels Takeover
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga