The VT-33d blaster pistol was a black and gray model of blaster pistol with a stabilizing grip located under its barrel and a recoil compensator built into its stock, which was located at the base of the grip as oppose to the end of the barrel. It could be carried with a strap worn over the shoulder. Around thirty years after the Battle of Endor, the frontman Bala-Tik and at least one other member of the criminal Guavian Death Gang brought VT-33ds with them while boarding the Eravana, a Baleen-class heavy freighter owned by the smuggler Han Solo, who owed the gang money. They used the blasters to fire upon rathtar that attacked them on the freighter, but the weapons had little effect. The Hassk Varmik and one of his two triplets carried battered VT-33ds while patrons of the castle of the pirate Maz Kanata on the planet Takodana shortly before the building was destroyed by the First Order.
Behind the scenesEdit
Several VT-33d blaster pistols first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released on December 15, 2015. The weapon was not identified in the film but received a name in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. Despite Bala-Tik's use of the weapon in the film, nearly all tie-in material describes or depicts the Guavian frontman as using a percussive cannon, a weapon used by several other members of the Guavian Death Squad.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as VT-33d blaster pistol)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Series 1 (Card: Hassk Triplets) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ The Force Awakens, Part II
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- ↑ The Force Awakens (storybook)