- "If I get a veto, ejection into space. Always had nightmares about that. Brrr."
- ―Aphra requests that Darth Vader not jettison her into the vacuum of space
A vacuum was an area of space which lacked any atmosphere. Most organisms could not survive in the vacuum of space, although there were exceptions, such as the neebray and purrgil. The Givin were also able to survive for a short while in vacuum. Some equipment could allow other organisms to survive in a vacuum, including vacuum-sealed armors like stormtrooper armor, phase I clone trooper armor, and Vader's armor, or breathing apparatus like the A99 aquata breather. One form of execution was to jettison an individual into the vacuum of space, which Admiral Jhared Montferrat used to kill a group of captives he suspected of being Rebel spies. The archaeologist Doctor Aphra asked to veto being jettisoned into a vacuum as a method of execution if the Sith Lord Darth Vader chose to kill her. The power of the Force could allow one to survive for a time in a vacuum, though they might still need serious medical attention afterwards.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Call"
- ↑ Heir to the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- ↑ Lords of the Sith
- ↑ "Blade Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 149–150
- ↑ Darth Vader 4
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi