Valarian was a female Whiphid crime lady who operated on the planet Tatooine. She was the main competitor of the Hutt kingpin Jabba Desilijic Tiure. At some point, Valarian had her lover, a fellow Whiphid named J'Quille, infiltrate Jabba's palace to spy on her behalf. After Jabba had been killed, Valarian placed a bounty on J'Quille as he had not been the one to kill Jabba, forcing the Whiphid to remain on Tatooine and join the B'omarr Order.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- «Excellent. This droid contains details of the operations of the upstart Lady Valarian, who fancies herself my rival.»
- ―Jabba the Hutt[src]
Valarian was first mentioned in Star Wars canon in the 2016 reference book Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded, though an earlier mention can be found in the 2015 non-canon video game Disney Infinity 3.0. Valarian was originally created for the Star Wars Legends sourcebook Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game.
In Disney Infinity 3.0, one of the side quests the player is tasked with completing involves finding hidden items located on Tatooine and delivering them to Jabba. One such item is an R-series astromech droid that the Hutt claims contains information pertaining to Lady Valarian's schemes. Jabba is pleased with the acquisition and rewards the player for supplying him with an advantage over his enemy.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Choose Your Destiny: An Escape Mission (First appearance)
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (First mentioned)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (First canonical mention)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive