- "Come on, come on, come on, come on!"
- ―Vangos Grek
Biography[edit | edit source]
The human male pilot Vangos Grek was initially part of the Tierfon Yellow Aces. He was then part of the four-pilot contingent that was reallocated to Base One on Yavin 4. In the beginning battle of the Galactic Civil War, Grek participated in the Rebellion's attack on the Galactic Empire's Shield Gate above the planet Scarif, flying a T-65B X-wing starfighter in Blue Squadron. Grek, under the callsign of Blue Six, attempted to followed Blue Leader General Antoc Merrick through the Shield Gate opening per Admiral Raddus' orders; however the Imperials were able to close the gate before Grek and another Blue Squadron pilot entered, resulting in their deaths. His last act was a war cry as he impacted into the shield. He could be heard over the combat chatter as the Squadron attempted to enter the shield gate.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Vangos Grek was first revealed in the second trailer for the Star Wars Anthology Series film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on October 13, 2016. Grek's helmet design resembles that of the helmet worn by Porkins in A New Hope.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Rogue One Adaptation 6 (Fighter only)
- "Grounded"—From a Certain Point of View (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Vangos Grek)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - The Official Mission Debrief
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle of Scarif)
- (Indirect mention only)