- "…in the aftermath of the Corsair Wars Jedi Master Oo'ob broke doctrine to pursue a pre-emptive approach to threats. In this he recruited noted crystallist Var-Whill to modify lightsaber tech for more…remote applications."
- ―Teezee-Too, reading an extract from "Notes on Jedi Heresies"
Var-Whill was a noted Jedi crystallist who lived prior to 19 BBY. In the aftermath of the Corsair Wars, Var-Whill was recruited by the Jedi Master Oo'ob to modify lightsaber technology and create the sniper rifle called the Farkiller. The Farkiller was conjectured to have killed several hundred emergent despots, which caused the Jedi High Council to pronounce both Oo'ob and Var-Whill apostate. Within a decade, both Oo'ob and Var-Whill had been killed.
Var-Whill and the Farkiller were included in Professor Korin Aphra's "Notes on Jedi Heresies." Aphra's notes were later recounted to his daughter Chelli by the rebel protocol droid Teezee-Too prior to the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY, as part of a plot to reverse-engineer the Farkiller's technology and use it to assassinate Emperor Palpatine.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Doctor Aphra 33 (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the beginning of the Great Jedi Purge, which saw the destruction of the Jedi Order, to 19 BBY. As Doctor Aphra 33 establishes that Var-Whill was killed by the Jedi High Council, he must have died prior to that year.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Doctor Aphra 33
- ↑ The events of Doctor Aphra 33 take place prior to the events of Empire Ascendant 1, which takes place before the Battle of Hoth. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Hoth to 3 ABY, meaning that Teezee-Too must have told Chelli Aphra about Var-Whill some time prior.