- "What do you think of Private Kayle?"
"Bad shot, can't read a label, probably poison himself one day. Knows his faults and takes orders."
"Could be your new forward on null-racket team. Plays a mean game. Think about it."
"You going somewhere?"
"Might be. Just keep him in mind. It's good to spend time with your squad."
- ―Jace Malcom and Shanra Immel
Vaskus Kayle was a male private in the Republic Army during the time of the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire. In 3640 BBY, Kayle was assigned to Sergeant Shanra Immel's squad and served with Republic Special Forces Division Colonel Jace Malcom in the battle of Kalandis Seven, during which he helped to destroy the local Imperial–Sith controlled spaceport.
Vaskus Kayle was a male who served as a private in the Republic Army during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire. In 3640 BBY, Kayle was assigned to Sergeant Shanra Immel's squad and served with Republic Special Forces Division Colonel Jace Malcom during the battle of Kalandis Seven. During the course of the battle, Kayle and the squad was tasked with the destruction of Kalandis Seven's local Imperial spaceport. On the way to the spaceport, Kayle and the squad were attacked, and Corporal Amden vor Keioidian was fatally wounded. Kayle's sergeant activated Keioidian's med tracer before ordering the squad to move out, leaving Keioidian behind. Three hours later, Kayle and the squad finally reached the spaceport and started planting targeting beacons. Shortly after they planted the last of the beacons, the spaceport was destroyed.
Personality and traits
According to Shanra Immel, Vaskus Kayle was not a good shot, knew his own faults and how to follow orders, and would probably poison himself someday from his inability to read labels. Kayle was also a null-racket player and, according to Jace Malcolm, knew how to play a mean game.
Behind the scenes
Vaskus Kayle first appeared, albeit voice only, in Alexander Freed's short story, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, which was published within Star Wars Insider 137 and released on October 23, 2012.
- "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom" – Star Wars Insider 137 (First appearance) (Voice only)
- "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider: The Fiction Collection Volume 2 (Voice only)
Notes and references
- "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom" – Star Wars Insider 137
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia date the finales of Star Wars: The Old Republic's class storylines in 3640 BBY, and place the subsequent Battle of Ilum at the end of that same year. As "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom" takes place after the Battle of Corellia in 3640 BBY, and Malcom states it has been 40 years since the start of the Great Galactic War in 3681 BBY, the story must thus take place in 3640 BBY. and