- Generalirius Nakirre: "Vassal Four?"
- Vassal Four: "Transmission open […] Wait. No. The transmission is being redirected."
- Jixtus: "Redirected where? […] Obviously, the Patriarch is traveling somewhere […] Accept the redirection and follow it."
- Vassal Four: "But if the message is not direct, Patriarch Rivlex may not know to answer."
- Generalirius Nakirre: "Accept the redirection."
- ―Generalirius Nakirre, Vassal Four, and Jixtus
A male individual known as "Vassal Four" served the Kilji species' government, the Kilji Illumine, as a Kilji vassal, a follower of the Kilji religious beliefs. He served as the comm operator aboard the Kilji war cruiser Whetstone, commanded by the leader of the Illumine, Generalirius Nakirre. Around 18 BBY, during Nakirre's alliance with the Grysk operative Jixtus and the Whetstone's stay at the Unknown Regions planet Zyzek, Vassal Four informed the generalirius that the Chiss heavy cruiser Springhawk was broadcasting a message and played it.
Vassal Four later opened a transmission with Chiss Patriarch Clarr'ivl'exow "Rivlex" on Jixtus' orders. As the communication was set to be redirected, the vassal protested about accepting the redirection, as he thought the transmission not being direct could cause Rivlex not to answer. However, Nakirre ordered Vassal Four to accept it, forcing him to do so. Rivlex then answered the call.
Behind the scenes
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil (First appearance, simultaneous with Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil audiobook)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil audiobook
Notes and references
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil
- The events of Thrawn: Alliances set during the Clone Wars take place after Ahsoka Tano had left the Jedi Order. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the end of the Clone Wars and Tano's departure from the Order to 19 BBY. As the main events of Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising take place concurrently with the Clone Wars events of Alliances, Chaos Rising must be set in 19 BBY. Furthermore, during the main events of Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil, it is established that the attack on Csilla, which is depicted as part of the main events of Chaos Rising, took place "last year." Therefore, the main events of Lesser Evil must be set around 18 BBY.