- "While clearing ground for a comm tower, the crew broke into a buried chamber filled with dirt and what appeared to be a number of old war relics. They called in the bomb squad, who retrieved an armored case in question and sent it to the planetary governor, which eventually made its way to me."
- ―Sella mentions Kal Ness in a letter to Organa
Vaxvissh Kal Ness was the planetary governor of the Mid Rim planet Durkteel during the reign of the New Republic. When an excavation to clear ground for a new comm tower on Durkteel in 34 ABY uncovered a buried chamber containing relics from the Galactic Civil War, the bomb squad that was sent to investigate the chamber uncovered an armored case bearing identifiers of the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
The case contained The Rebel Files, a set of non-electronic documents detailing the history of the Alliance and intended only for the eyes of senior members of Alliance High Command. The squad sent the case to the governor, who passed it on to Major Heck Ensio, who in turn forwarded it to Master Archivist Mordianius. Mordianius passed it to Commander Korr Sella of the Resistance, who finally sent it to General Leia Organa, head of the Resistance and former member of Alliance High Command.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files establishes that The Rebel Files were buried on Durkteel at the same time as the Battle of Endor, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. As the book also states that the files had not been seen for thirty years prior to their recovery, the excavation on Durkteel and the case's journey from Durkteel to Leia Organa must have taken place in 34 ABY.