A vectral was an engine component designed to scatter and dampen exhaust emissions, thereby reducing a starship's sensor profile. The vectrals also served as a steering mechanism by redirecting the exhaust in flight to alter the ship's heading. Koensayr Manufacturing's BTL Y-wing starfighters employed disk-shaped vectrals at the end of their Ion Jet engines.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Screen Entertainment (as "Disk Vectrals")
- Star Wars Technical Journal of the Rebel Forces (as "Disk Vectrals")
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition