At some point, he became slave of the crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure along many others.[source?] When Jabba ordered that the rebels Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Chewbacca be executed at the Great Pit of Carkoon, Vedain was assigned to pilot the skiff carrying the prisoners. At the pit, Vedain was witness of Skywalker's speech alerting Jabba about his last opportunity, warning which Jabba ignored.
Thanks to R2-D2, the prisoners managed break free with the aid of their ally Lando Calrissian, who had been disguised as one of Jabba's men onboard Vedain's skiff. Calrissian then confronted Vedain for the control of the skiff while Skywalker fought against Jabba's other guards and slaves and freed Chewbacca and Solo. In order to annihilate the rebels, another Nikto guard fired a laser projectile from Jabba's sail barge, which struck Vedain's skiff, causing him and Calrissian to fall out of the vehicle. Both fighters were able to hold from a rope tied to the skiff's rail, but Vedain did not have the same fate as Calrissian. Because of the fall, Vedain could not hold Calrissian and fell rolling towards the sand of the pit, falling inside the mouth of the Sarlacc, to be slowly digested over thousands of years.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (paperback novel)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Vedain)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition