- "My father fought with the Republic Navy at Venestria and Ord Trasi, […]."
- ―From the memoirs of Isila Drutch
Venestria was an astronomical object located in the Venestria system, a part of the Clacis sector in the New Territories portion of the Outer Rim Territories. It lay on the Braxant Run hyperlane between the Muunilinst and Kwevron systems, and another hyperspace route linked it to the Cezith system.
Venestria was the origin point of the art form known as Venestrian poetry. At some point during the Clone Wars of 22 BBY to 19 BBY, the father of the future Imperial stormtrooper Isila Drutch served with the navy of the Galactic Republic at a confrontation at Venestria. In her memoirs, written in 33 ABY, Drutch mentioned her father's participation in the action at Venestria. Venestria fell within the borders of the Pentastar Alignment between 4 ABY and 12 ABY.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "Blasters for Hire"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Given this principle, this article makes a similar basic assumption for Venestrian poetry in relation to the Venestria system and Venestria itself. "I wouldn't get your hopes up re alien homeworlds, beyond simple stuff like the Planetnamian species getting a Planetnamia on the map or things Dan and I can account for with a relatively quick reference."
- The New Essential Chronology