- "And we've still got no captain. Still no word from Admiral Verette's shuttle."
- ―Princess Leia Organa, on who should captain the Harbinger
Verette was a male human admiral who served in the fleet of the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War in 0 ABY. After Rebel forces led by Princess Leia Organa commandeered the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Harbinger, Admiral Verette was set to captain the Rebel-operated ship, however a week after the Harbinger's capture, Organa had still not received word from Verette's Taylander shuttle.
Organa's suspicions turned out to be well-founded; Verette had been captured by the SCAR Troopers of Task Force 99, then strapped to the outside of his shuttle and left to die, and was then sent to the Harbinger as a distraction. Not willing to risk a disaster, smuggler and rebel ally Sana Starros blew up the shuttle.
- Star Wars 21 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 22 (Mentioned only) (First identified as Verette)
- Star Wars 23 (Appears as a corpse)
- Star Wars 24 (Indirect mention only)