- Qui-Gon Jinn: "I have encountered a vergence in the Force."
- Yoda: "A vergence, you say?"
- Mace Windu: "Located around a person?"
- Qui-Gon Jinn: "A boy. His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a lifeform… It is possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians."
- ―Jedi Masters Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, and Mace Windu discussing Anakin Skywalker[src]
A vergence, sometimes described as a nexus or a locus, was an unusual yet naturally occurring concentration of Force energy localized around a place, object, or person. In the case of a vergence being centered around a location—Force-sensitives in proximity, may have stronger interactions with the Force—often triggering visions among Force-sensitives.
The individual Anakin Skywalker was a vergence, as was the mountain around which the Sith shrine and the Jedi Temple on Coruscant were built. That mountain was a locus of power which attracted Force-wielders of various beliefs and was deemed sacred by local Coruscanti. The Jedi Temple on Lothal, the Temple of Eedit on Devaron, the Jedi Temple on Ilum, the Cave of Evil on Dagobah, the Mirror cave on Ahch-To, the Sith cave on the planet Mustafar, and the great chasm on Ushruu were also vergences.
The Wellspring of Life, a planet that was the foundation of life and what connects the Living and the Cosmic Force, the birthplace of midi-chlorians, and the dwelling of the five Force Priestesses, was also described as a nexus.
The planet Aleen and the moon Iktotch were known to have vergences. Exegol had enormous fissures that reached deep into its crust. Such were thought to be pathways to a hidden vergence, and hence excavated by Sith loyalists in antiquity. The Skywalker lightsaber acted like a vergence when Rey came into contact with it, granting her insights from the past when she touched it in the Takodana Castle.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as repository of the Force) (First identified as wellsprings of the Force)
- Nexus of Power
- Ghosts of Dathomir
- Star Wars: The Dark Side
- (First identified as fulcrum)