- "I've been watching you ever since you joined us on Veron."
- ―Micha Evon, to Brand
Veron was a terrestrial astronomical object where the species known as Gwerax-hai were captured, typically using net-throwers. The Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry held an open recruiting drive on Veron sometime by the year 0 BBY. At the recruiting drive, the bounty hunter Brand joined the infantry company in an attempt to get close enough to Captain Micha Evon to assassinate him for his bounty. Lying about her identity, the bounty hunter smuggled her kit onto the 61st's CR90 corvette, the Thunderstrike.
Evon cited Brand's arrival in the company on Veron when she eventually attempted to kill him on the planet Allst Prime. The captain subsequently convinced her to stay in the 61st and give up the bounty on him. Brand also recounted joining the company on Veron when telling her backstory to the 61st recruit Roach on the planet Coyerti in 3 ABY.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
A planet named "Veron" was first introduced in the 1991 Star Wars Legends sourcebook Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One. The sourcebook, written for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, placed "Veron" in the Mektrun Cluster. In the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas, a "Veron Minor system" was introduced, along with mentions of the Senex sector world Veron and the "Veron system." The StarWars.com Online Companion to that book placed both the Mektrun Cluster and the Veron Minor system in the Mektrun sector, thus confirming that the original planet Veron had been renamed Veron Minor retroactively.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "Inbrief"—Star Wars Insider 161 (Mentioned only)
- "Inbrief"—Star Wars 2016 Del Rey Sampler (Mentioned only)
- "Inbrief"—Battlefront: Twilight Company (Paperback edition) (Mentioned only)
- "Inbrief"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2019 (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Battlefront: Twilight Company establishes that Brand was part of the 61st Mobile Infantry by the time of the battle on Vir Aphshire, which occurred concurrent to the Battle of Yavin. Brand must have therefore joined the company prior to the Battle of Yavin, the beginning of which is dated to 0 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
- "Inbrief"—Star Wars Insider 161
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where Veron is mentioned is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mention must have therefore happened in 3 ABY.
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- The Essential Atlas