- "T7 = identified bounty hunter employer // Payment = authorized by office of Republic Senator // Senator = Verre Sydia"
Verre Sydia was a female senator who served the Galactic Republic through the Great Galactic War and Cold War with the Sith Empire. A fierce opponent of the Empire, Sydia unknowingly married an Imperial spy who used her Senate resources behind her back. Her husband's actions led the astromech droid T7-O1 to suspect Sydia of treason, but the droid discovered the husband's allegiances and had him arrested, clearing Senator Sydia of wrongdoing.
- "SIS surveillance = cleared Senator Sydia's name // Imperial traitor = Sydia's husband // Husband = arrested this morning"
A female Galactic Republic senator during the Great Galactic War and Cold War with the Sith Empire, Verre Sydia was a staunch and occasionally outspoken opponent of the Empire. Sydia married a man at some point before her tenure as senator, but she was unaware of his true allegiance as an Imperial spy, and around 3663 BBY, the man used her access to classified Senate accounts to hire the bounty hunter Terrin Sandafar.
Sandafar killed an Imperial spy named Eckhorn Baliss to stop a list of Imperial traitors in the Republic from getting out, and she was hired again by Sydia's husband a decade later, when Sydia was still serving as senator. Sandafar was hired to kill the Rodian Shafu when the former slaver was close to locating the list of traitors for the Jedi Order, and Sydia's husband killed Sandafar as well to cover up his crimes. While the Jedi Knight known as the Hero of Tython and the astromech droid T7-O1 suspected Sydia of treason around 3643 BBY, they discovered Sydia's husband's allegiances and had him arrested, clearing the senator's name.
Personality and traits
- "T7 = confused // Senator Sydia = strong opponent of Empire // Sydia = not logical traitor"
Verre Sydia was a staunch proponent of the Galactic Republic that she served and a fierce opponent of the Sith Empire, although she had no suspicion of her husband's true allegiances. Her loyalty was such that T7-O1 believed it far-fetched to consider her betraying the Republic when her connection to Sandafar was discovered.
Behind the scenes
Verre Sydia is mentioned in several optional conversations with the Jedi Knight companion character T7-O1 in the 2011 BioWare video game, Star Wars: The Old Republic. She also has an NPC entry in the game's files with the title "Senator Verre Sydia," where she is listed in the NPCs for T7-O1's companion quests along with a bodyguard, bounty hunter, and another character named "Gurn," all at level 16. However, none of these characters appeared in the final version of the game.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Senator's Secret"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Terrin Sandafar"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. Ten and twenty years before 3643 BBY respectively correspond to 3663 BBY and 3653 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Eckhorn's List"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Shafu's Report"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Truth Comes Out"