- "SIS surveillance = cleared Senator Sydia's name // Imperial traitor = Sydia's husband // Husband = arrested this morning"
The husband of the Republic Senator Verre Sydia was a deep-cover spy for the Sith Empire through his wife's career during the Great Galactic and Cold Wars until his true allegiances were exposed by the astromech droid T7-O1.
A male individual married Verre Sydia, a Senator of the Galactic Republic, as part of his role as a deep-cover spy for the Sith Empire during the Great Galactic and Cold Wars. In 3663 BBY, an Alderaanian noble and fellow Imperial operative named Eckhorn Baliss added Sydia's husband to a list of potential Imperial sympathizers, and the man feared that his cover had been blown. Using his wife's access to classified Senate accounts, Sydia's husband hired the bounty hunter Terrin Sandafar to kill Baliss by rigging his ship to explode above the noble's homeworld of Alderaan.
However, in 3653 BBY, the former slaver Shafu began investigating Baliss' death as part of an assignment for the deceased Jedi Master Ven Zallow. Sydia's husband employed Sandafar again to eliminate the Rodian Shafu above the moon Nar Shaddaa, and after killing Sandafar to eliminate his accomplice, the man's cover remained in place for another decade before the Jedi Knight known as the Hero of Tython worked with the droid T7-O1—Shafu's former partner—to expose him. Thanks to their investigations, the Strategic Information Service, the Republic intelligence agency, arrested Sydia's husband.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Truth Comes Out"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. Subtracting 20 years from 3,643 BBY results in a date of 3663 BBY and subtracting 10 years results in a date of 3653 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Eckhorn's List"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Senator's Secret"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Terrin Sandafar"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Slaver's Redemption"