- "This is Vi Moradi, and General Organa needs our help. Every day systems get caught in the grip of the First Order, but the Resistance has not been defeated. We've settled on Batuu, a small planet at the edge of the Outer Rim. It's so remote the First Order hasn't even bothered with it. You've supported our cause—now we need you to join the fight. We need you to join us on Batuu. Stand with us against the First Order. Get ready recruits, it's time for you to join the party. And I'll see you at the edge of the galaxy."
- ―Vi Moradi, in a transmission to Resistance sympathizers
- "Ignite the Spark. Light the Fire."
- ―Vi Moradi
Vi Moradi, was a spy who served in the Resistance during the cold war. At some point prior to the attack on Tuanul she and her droid, U5-GG, were captured in their starhopper and taken aboard the First Order battlecruiser Absolution. Whilst aboard the ship, she was interrogated for information about the past of Captain Phasma by Cardinal, a rival of Phasma, in exchange for her release.
Moradi relayed all of the testimony she learned from Siv, a former comrade of Phasma's from Parnassos, about his rival, while in the meantime subtly prying information from Cardinal. In the end, when Cardinal demanded proof to accuse Phasma of murdering General Brendol Hux, Moradi provided him with a Parnassos beetle, the means of which Phasma committed the deed. After Cardinal failed to bring the evidence to his superiors and later lost a duel against Phasma, Moradi rescued him and later traveled to Parnassos to rescue Siv as well as her daughter Torbi.
Moradi later visited Black Spire Outpost on Batuu, where she would send a message to all Resistance sympathizers to join the remaining Resistance forces on Batuu to help in the war between the Resistance and the First Order.
Personality and traitsEdit
Moradi resisted Archex's physical advance, stating that she wasn't into him, before remarking to herself that she had never cared for anyone, neither man or women, that way. She had a brother named Baako Moradi whom she cared about deeply.
Behind the scenesEdit
Vi Moradi was created for Delilah S. Dawson's 2017 novel Phasma. According to Dawson, Moradi can be seen as a "female Poe Dameron" for her humor, ego, and talent, but with an added dash of James Bond. Moradi was originally identified as "Amaka" on James Zapata's blog, who designed her, Cardinal's and Keldo's appearances. Dawson was asked to change the name to Vi when it was determined that the character would appear in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, for which the actress and stuntwoman Alex Marshall-Brown originated the role. The character played a role in the opening ceremonies for both versions of Galaxy's Edge, and can be randomly encountered by visitors. She is portrayed by a number of different actresses at both parks.
- Phasma (First appearance, simultaneous with Phasma audiobook)
- Phasma audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Phasma)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
- Allegiance 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Star Wars: Datapad
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- X-Wing: Second Edition – Resistance Transport Expansion Pack (Card: )
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Phasma
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- ↑ Amaka on James Zapata's blog
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ Couch, Aaron (May 30, 2019). Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opens in Spectacular Fashion With George Lucas, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill. The Hollywood Reporter. hollywoodreporter.com.
- ↑ Fickley-Baker, Jennifer (August 28, 2019). #DisneyParksLIVE: Watch the Replay of the Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Disney Parks Blog.
- ↑ Johnson, Zach (August 28, 2019). Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Has an Out of This World Dedication Ceremony at Disney's Hollywood Studios. d23.com.