Details[edit | edit source]
The vibroblade was used either as an offensive weapon that could be hammered into an opponent's defenses, or as a utility device. The weapon buzzed, thrummed, and glowed ember-hot when ignited and, when tasked to cut, could be used as a crude surgical implement capable of cutting into an animal's innards. They were also capable of punching through the plastoid armor of a stormtrooper. Such weapons were often kept in sheaths or scabbards.
History[edit | edit source]
The bounty hunter Jango Fett had vibroblades hidden in his gauntlets. The Rodian Tsoklo owned a utility vibroblade which he kept for personal defense. The Twi'lek Hera Syndulla also owned a vibroblade while on the planet Gorse. Vibroswords were used by BX-series droid commandos and their command units. The blades were carried as concealed weapons by the Royal Guard of the Galactic Empire. Mister Bones was fitted with a concealed vibroblade at the end of one arm. Gallius Rax kept a pair of sickle-shaped vibroblades, attached by a golden chain and etched with ornate scrollwork, in his quarters aboard the Ravager. As of the era of the Napkin Bombing, the latest models of vibroblades were considered sophisticated. The Weequay pirate Scorza kept a high-density vibro-blade in a scabbard, and used it in battle against Sidon Ithano.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head (First mentioned)
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising (As "Vibro-blade")
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Rise of the Separatists
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Lords of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- A New Dawn
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"