The vibrosword was a longer, heavier version of the vibroblade.
Like all vibro-weapons, it was dangerous to use vibroswords against electrical weapons, as they conducted electricity, therefore, electrocuting the user of the sword. Though electrocution was not the primary concern, electricity traveling up the length of the blade could connect with the weapon's energy cell and ultrasonic vibration generator. The result would be a miniature explosion with enough force to take off the user's hand.[source?]
The vibrosword model that was commonly used around 3956 BBY during the Old Republic era contained cortosis-weave, granting it lightsaber-deflecting abilities which made it more effective against the numerous lightsaber-wielding opponents during that era. The vibrosword model used during the Rise of the Empire era did not contain this cortosis enhancement.
HistoryEditThe vibrosword was used by members of the Sith Empire's Imperial Military, such as security chief Souske, Lieutenant Marcovic, and Dashade Sith warrior Khem Val. The weapon was also used by Keshk, a Grand Chieftain of the Flesh Raiders.
During the Rise of the Empire era, vibroswords were used by BX-series droid commandos and seemed effective against Clone troopers of the Galactic Republic. But they were also effective against droids, as Hondo Ohnaka used one against battle droids when he fought alongside Ahsoka Tano and several other Jedi younglings on Florrum when General Grievous invaded the planet. The weapons were also used by Trandoshan scavengers. Sapphire, a Rebel operative and smuggler, carried a vibrosword with her.
- Knights of the Old Republic 22: Knights of Suffering, Part 1
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Knight Errant novel (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: Path to Truth
- Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Dark Times 3: The Path to Nowhere, Part 3
- Dark Times 13: Blue Harvest, Part 1
- Dark Times 15: Blue Harvest, Part 3
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies
- "Silent Fury"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First appearance)
- Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
- Jabba's Realm
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Game Master's Kit
- Dangerous Covenants
- Fly Casual
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Fate of the Jedi" on the Oppressor
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "New Intelligence" on Ord Mantell
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Weapon of the Jedi" on Tython
- ↑ Cracken's Rebel Operatives