- "I expected him to be taller. And less hairy. But I guess that's what happens when you get old. My grandpa has hair growing out of his ears, and he's only sixty years old."
- ―Victor Starspeeder, writing in his journal
A Human male member of the Starspeeder family was born in 242 BBY. He was the grandfather of Jedi academy students Victor and Christina Starspeeder. In 182 BBY, Victor illustrated his grandfather in his journal next to a drawing of the alien Jedi Master Yoda to highlight the fact that they both had hair growing out of their ears and nose.
Behind the scenes
The grandfather of Victor and Christina Starspeeder appeared in the 2016 non-canon young-reader's novel, Jedi Academy: A New Class, written and illustrated by Jarrett J. Krosoczka as the fourth installment in the Star Wars: Jedi Academy series.
- Jedi Academy: A New Class (First appearance)
Notes and references
- The events of Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan take place one year after the events of Jedi Academy, which states that Yoda is 700 years old. Since The New Essential Chronology establishes that Yoda was born in 896 BBY, the events of Jedi Academy take place in 196 BBY and Return of the Padawan takes place in 195 BBY. In Return of the Padawan, it is the 150th anniversary of the Lightsaber Fencing Tournament, and the tournament began 150 years prior, meaning that it began in 345 BBY. In Jedi Academy: The Force Oversleeps, it is the 164th tournament, meaning that it took place 164 years after 345 BBY, thus placing The Force Oversleeps in 181 BBY. Since The Force Oversleeps takes place one year after the events of Jedi Academy: A New Class, the events of the novel must take place in 182 BBY. Victor Starspeeder's grandfather is noted to be sixty years old in A New Class, meaning that he was born in 242 BBY.
- Jedi Academy: A New Class