Victorious Reign was the name of a poster available in the galaxy sometime after the Battle of Yavin during the Galactic Civil War. The Galactic Empire produced Victorious Reign during that time for propaganda purposes. The poster's foreground depicted an Imperial stormtrooper raising his left arm while his right arm lay at his side. The background featured two slightly different shades of red alternating in a vertical stripe pattern with a big, black lightning symbol in the middle. Along the top of the poster was silver-colored Aurebesh lettering, the alphabet of Galactic Basic Standard, which read "VICTORIOUS REIGN."
Victorious Reign, a propaganda poster, portrayed an Imperial stormtrooper in the foreground, raising his left arm in victory while his right arm lay at his side. The trooper carried an E-11 blaster rifle in his right hand. The background featured two slightly different shades of red alternating in a vertical stripe pattern with a large, dark lightning symbol in the center. Silver lettering along the top of the poster read "VICTORIOUS REIGN" in Aurebesh, the alphabet of Galactic Basic Standard.
The poster was one of many pieces of propaganda produced by the Galactic Empire during the time of the Galactic Civil War, a galaxy-wide conflict between the Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Victorious Reign was produced sometime after the Battle of Yavin, which took place in 0 BBY.
Behind the scenesEdit
Victorious Reign was a poster that appeared in the 2003 massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts. It appeared briefly on the game's Test Center, a game server that was separate from the main collection of "live" game servers used by the developers to test new content while still in development.
The reason the poster never reached the live servers is unknown, but a popular theory among players was that it was reminiscent of various racist propaganda in the real world. While the poster never made it to the live servers, copies were still present on the Test Center for a time and were usually destroyed by Sony employees if discovered. Additionally, since the poster never made it off the game's test center, its canon status is ambiguous.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Over-reaction?. Allakhazam. ZAM Network, LLC (2004-12-02). Archived from the original on August 1, 2013. Retrieved on August 1, 2013.
- ↑ Victorious Reign. Allakhazam. ZAM Network, LLC (2004-12-03). Archived from the original on December 17, 2004. Retrieved on May 19, 2020.
- ↑ DesktopSaki (2005-03-26). Tell me I'm not insane Nazi Stormtrooper painting. SOE. Sony Online Entertainment. Archived from the original on May 19, 2020. Retrieved on May 19, 2020. "username/password: swganh"